Chapter 49

*As always, this story is on-going and changes will be made along the way

Thank you to each and every one of you for reading my book. Your support is everything to me! :)

Feel free to comment & vote below!

**

Isabella

Why did you do that to yourself, Isabella?

I stood in the elevator of my apartment building being reprimanded by the voice in my head. I had pushed her to the far corners of my mind throughout my weekend with Giovanni but now she was back. I had convinced myself that it would be no problem to have another weekend rendezvous with him. It wouldn't be an issue at all because I'd be able to handle it.

Turns out I was very wrong about that.

It hurt more than before to pull myself away from him, especially after the weekend we just had. He was going to give me my space to figure out what I wanted to do next and now that I was back to reality, my shattered heart reminded me of why I should never have gone back to him in the first place. I was still the same broken woman I was the first time I found out about Casey's pregnancy. I was delusional to think that a weekend away was going to change the facts.

I unlocked my door and pushed it open, surprised to see Lorenzo seated at my kitchen counter

"Lorenzo?" I gaped

"Hi Izzy," he smiled

"What are you doing here?" I asked, "How did you even get in here?"

I dropped my bag by the entrance and closed the door behind me. I looked around but there was no one else in sight.

"Reyna was just here. She told me you'd be back soon so she said I could wait here,"

I was completely thrown off by his unexpected arrival. I didn't expect to see him and if I'm being honest, I didn't want to see him. I didn't want to see anyone. I just needed time to myself. He slipped off the barstool but remained by the counter, standing awkwardly. I strolled into the kitchen and brought the kettle to boil.

"Coffee?" I offered

"Yes please,"

I grabbed two mugs and placed them on the counter. My mind was swimming with thoughts right now and I couldn't get a handle on any of them. I leaned against the counter and looked over at him.

"Reyna said you went out of town this weekend," he said casually

I nodded, avoiding his gaze. I know I had no reason to feel bad but I did. I felt guilty that I just spent the weekend with Giovanni and didn't even give Lorenzo a second thought. The last time I saw him, we didn't really leave things on a good note and he spent the whole weekend trying to get a hold of me. I had screwed up by letting him kiss me. I had probably given him the wrong impression and I didn't want that. I enjoyed Lorenzo's company but it wasn't going to be the same now.

"I tried to get a hold of you,"

"I know, I'm sorry I never returned your calls. There was a lot going on,"

He flicked his eyes to meet mine, "Who did you go away with?"

I pulled my gaze away from his again. I didn't want to say it. I could already see the flicker of emotion in his eyes and it made me feel guilty to know I was the reason for it.

Lorenzo scoffed, forcing me to bring my gaze back up to his. My silence gave him the answer he needed about who I was with.

"Are the two of you back together now?"