Asking You Out - PART 1

You just finished another class that morning

You just finished another class that morning. The students you were teaching were exceptionally talented, and they caught on quickly with your lessons. However, there was one student who was having a few difficulties, and you decided to meet them in the library, hoping to help him with his studies. You made your way to the vast library the University of Durham had to offer.

When you walked in, it was quiet, and you looked around, observing a few other students busy with their studies as well. You went to take a seat at one of the tables at the far corner, and you were startled to see Professor Moriarty come to join you.

"William, what brings you here?" You asked, a slight blush creeping up your neck.

"I was supposed to meet here with a student this afternoon, but it seems they didn't want to show up." He sighed, sitting down on the chair opposite to you. "Do you mind if I join you?"

"No, not at all!" You smiled. "I was actually waiting for a student as well. I doubt they'll show up. Kids these days..." You said, pursing your lips. Moriarty just laughed. He thought you looked cute when you got frustrated. Your would pout your lips, without even realizing it, and your eyebrows would furrow into a small frown. 

"Is there something amusing about this, William?" You complained as he laughed softly at you. 

Well, I find you quite amusing, dear (y/n). "Forgive me, (y/n), this situation seems rather comical if you ask me. Looks like we've both been blown off by our students. This is the third time this week." He said shrugging, chuckling softly. 

You felt your heart flutter. His soft laugh was something you would want to hear over and over again. He took out his notes and started organising his files, you did the same, and you both engaged in small talk, talking about your students, your lessons, and even about your personal life outside of school.

You felt comfortable talking to Professor Moriarty, and since you both taught the same subject, you two were very close friends. 

One thing you weren't aware of, was that William would always watch you from afar. You always stood out to him in a room filled with people, and you always caught his eye. He knew everything from your small habits, to your daily schedule. 

After a while of chatting, William packed up all his paperwork and organised them neatly in his briefcase. "Well I have the rest of the day off today. Do you have any plans for the rest of the afternoon?" He questioned. 

You thought, rethinking your schedule, and shook your head. "No, I don't have much to do." You said with a shrug. 

He smiled. "Well, I was heading to have lunch, and I was wondering if you would like to accompany me?" 

You were a bit shocked. This was the first time that you two would be meeting outside of school. "You want to go for a lunch meeting of some sort?" You asked.