Chapter Twenty Four

The whole time during the bonfire, I was just sitting in the sand thinking about everything. And by everything, I meant Blake. The rest of the gang was playing games and throwing each other in the water.

Mike decided to take a break and sit next to me, startling me.

"Mike, can I ask you something?" I turned to him.

"Anything, Lei," he smiled.

"Um, well...its about Blake."

He nodded slowly and eyed me suspiciously.

I shifted around in the sand and sighed. "I've been thinking about him a lot lately and..."

"And you're deciding on whether or not you like him, right?" Mike finished for me.

I nodded and sighed again. "I mean, I just don't get it! All we do is fight, and whenever we do have a civil conversation, it only lasts for not even a minute."

Mike thought for a moment and then replied, "Maybe he's just messing with your feelings. We all know he's like that."

"Hey, don't act like you're Mr. Innocent," I nudged him with a giggle. He laughed too for a while.

"Mike, can we keep this just between you and me?"

He nodded and we pinky promised.

"Hey, you two! Why aren't you out there swimming?" Opal asked breathlessly.

"We're sharing girly secrets," he joked.

I nudged him and we all laughed. Opal decided to stay and chat. "Oh, did you tell her about--"

"Why don't we go and swim again? Yeah, let's do that," Mike replied hurriedly and picked up Opal.

"Really, Mike?! You didn't tell--AAH!" Opal landed in the water with a huge splash. The rest of the gang saw and started laughing. I, on the other hand, has my arms crossed with a suspicious look on my face.

"Mike...what did you need to tell me?"

All of a sudden, there was a loud honking noise coming from an RV. "Hey guys! Time to go!" We heard Lauren call out. Hmm. Saved by the bell.

Mike rushed to the RV and climbed in.

"What happened to the tour bus?" Emily asked as soon as we caught up.

"Eh, we need to ride to the suite in style," Ailani said from the driver seat, "I could tell you figured out some alternate clothing to swim!"

We all chuckled and hopped into the RV.

* * *
"Now, this is the life," Sophie smiled once we entered the suite. Ha. Suite life.

Opal and Mike had been avoiding me ever since she almost spilled about something. I decided to go look for her by the boys' suite.

I walked down the hall towards the boys' suite to find the door cracked open. It surprisingly wasn't loud, so some of the guys must've went out.

I decided to peek inside to hear Mike and Opal talking.

"...Mike, you need to tell her. You even had your chance at the beach--"

"I know, but she obviously won't agree. I never had the chance."

"You had multiple chances! Especially when she confronted you about what Blake said that day, remember that? You need to tell her already."

Mike sighed and nodded. "Fine, I'll tell her. But the night before we leave, Opal."

She smiled.

Great. Now, Mike had to tell me something. But that meant not only Opal knew about it, but Blake must've known about it too! Hell, everyone probably knew about it! I had to talk to Blake.

I slipped out of the doorway and jogged down the hall towards the elevator. I pressed the button multiple times when finally the door opened. To reveal all the guys.

"Well, well, well, we meet again Lei," Blake smiled.

"I need to talk to you," I demanded as I grabbed his arm.

"Careful, guys. The Dragon Lady's breathing fire," he laughed.

"Come on, Lei, don't give us that look," Jacob smiled.

"Really, Jacob? Do you want to go there?" I deadpanned. He rode his hands in mock surrender and chuckled.

I shook my head and pulled Blake back into the elevator. Once the door dinged shut, I pointed a finger in his face.

"I know you're hiding something, and it has to do with Mike."

He chuckled mockingly, "I don't know a thing!"

That finger changed to the middle one. I turned towards the emergency stop button but his voice stopped me. "Lei, I wouldn't do that if I were you. This isn't some cliche movie. The alarms will go off."

"Whatever." I pressed the top floor button, which gave us some time to talk. This place had, like, 80 floors!

I turned back around and crossed my arms.

"Blake, tell me."

He ruffled my hair and moved around to press the next floor's button. "Nope. You'll just have to deal with that on your own."

I blocked the buttons and remarked, "So there is something. I knew it."

"Well, you'd obviously find out soon. The only funny thing is, why come up to me? I'd be the last person."

I shrugged and decided not to think about it. I'd be there for hours.

"Thanks a lot Blake," I sighed.

"Can I leave now? Or are you just gonna be a brat all day?"

"Such an asshole," I replied. The somewhat feelings I had for him were slipping away by the minute. The sad thing was, he was right. This wasn't a cliche, and I knew I'd get those feelings started up again.

It's weird how in cliche's people just stop liking someone altogether so easily! I wish I could've done that--

"Lei? Hello..."

"Oh, sorr-- why are you still here? You're of no help, so get out!" I barked.

"Um, I'd be glad to do so, if you moved away from the buttons."

There he went again. Tried to be a smart aleck.

I moved away and pressed the button back to our floor. We finally reached the top and he left.

Before the doors closed though, Blake peeked back in, smiled, and said, "Let's just say jealousy has to do with it."

The doors slid closed and I thought for a moment. Jealousy? But that could've meant anything--

Holy crap.

Mike liked me.

* * *

OHHHHHHH SHIPWRECK.

Speaking of ships, I decided to to a Blake and Lei ship...awkward now that Mike may or may not like her.

I'm having a contest!!! (It's open book by the way.)

You weirdos have until midnight on Saturday to email me the answers to this little quiz. The details are coming asap!!

Song~ All About That Bass, just to annoy you! ;)

~C