Chapter Eighteen

Play music through the chapter, it's dining music for the buffet~

"Okay, that was not fair. You guys somehow rigged the instructions or something," Jessi complained.

We finally finished all the clues, and it turned out the prize was a free buffet dinner at the casino next to the W Hotel. We'd arrived about 15 minutes before Jessi and Tyler did. Most of the time, the ride was quiet until Blake's phone died. The. All he did was yak his head off.

"Oh shut up, Jessi. Just because you didn't win for once, doesn't mean you don't have to turn into a damn diva. Not that you aren't anyway," I snapped. Sure it was a lame comeback, but I was so tired of her complaining. I was starting to sound like Carly with the witty remarks.

Just before Jessi was about to retort some snarky comment, Lauren arrived.

"I thought you weren't gonna be here," Tyler said.

Lauren shook her head smiling. "I know, but I couldn't stay away from my lovelies!"

We all rolled our eyes and groaned as she chuckled.

"So," she drawled, clapping her hands and rubbed them together, "who were the lucky winners?"

Blake and I raised our hands and she squealed, yes, squealed in delight.

"So Jessi and Tyler can get a discount, but if they want to eat, then they'll have to pay. You guys come with me."

We followed Lauren into the full gala, also filled with delicious looking food.

I licked my lips out of habit and hunger.

"Alrightie, you guys are covered. Technically, Vegas was pretty much a celebration for your win. We did rig the instructions a bit for Jessi and Tyler," Lauren chuckled softly. We laughed along and bid each other ado.

I took off towards the meat area, piling as much of that protein as possible. Before I got a chance to choose a table, Jessi blocked my path. Her acrylic nails dug into the table full of food as she gritted, "what are you doing?"

"Getting food, why?" I smiled as I licked my pointer finger.

"You know what I mean, Lei. About Blake."

If I were eating food, is choke on it. I settled with a guffaw.

"Are you crazy? Do you seriously think that there's something going on between Blake and me?"

She narrowed her eyes and dug her nails more into the table. Just to piss her off, I added, "You might break a nail if you keep doing that."

She growled at me. "Stay away from Blake tomorrow, kay?" She looks towards my plate and sneered, "oh, and you might want to watch the carbs."

"You might want to watch your mouth." Whoa. Where did that come from?

She growled again and stalked off towards Tyler flirting with a girl. Such pigs.

I looked down at my food. How ironic.

* * *

"Oh man, that was probably the best food I've ever eaten," I moaned.

Blake and Lauren laughed, Tyler was on his phone, and Jessi was filing her nails. Who files their nails in a buffet?! Apparently her.

"Jessi, hon, aren't you going to eat anything?" Lauren mocked with fake sympathy. She also hated Jessi, for personal reasons.

She shook her head and got up to flirt with the waiter. Slut.

"So...are you guys, like, dating?" Tyler asked out of the blue. I choked on my steak and started a coughing fit. Lauren parted my back as I downed water and breathed in and out. Blake was wiping his mouth and the table in front of him was all wet. He must've spit out his drink in surprise.