Chapter Twenty Two

"Is everything set up? We gotta tell Lauren soon," I asked the gang.

Sophie put a thumbs-up.

"Perfect."

We all triple-checked the booby traps to make sure they were all secure. All of us knew the guys' phobias, so we were all set.

"Okay, let's let her know," Opal said.

* * *
Lauren's POV

What was taking the girls so long?! Soon enough, the guys were gonna get suspicious. I had a genius but old fashioned plan to distract them by taking them out to eat so they could have some bonding time.

It'd already been two hours, and we had to leave in two more. The guys seemed distracted, but it wouldn't be long before they realized the time.

Before I was about to kill se more time, I got a call from the walkie talkie. I excused myself, like they even heard, and turned the walkie talkie on.

"Everything's ready, Lauren," I heard Emily say through the device. I was surprised the signal was great this far away from the camp.

"Excellent. I'll have the guys in the car in two shakes!" I replied happily. I was losing my patience. A woman can only be with a group of obnoxious teenage boys for so long.

I turned and walked back to the guys, who were arm-wrestling. I sighed.

"Alright boys, time to go. We're heading to Hawaii in a couple hours."

Elliot turned and smiled. "Can't wait, Lauren!"

* * *
Lei's POV

Lauren responded almost immediately after we said that. She was obviously losing her patience, but she chose to participate.

Soon after, Lauren arrived with the guys who were as happy as can be. We were hidden in our cabins with the lights off, but they didn't seem to notice.

"Okay, boys. Get packed! See you in a couple hours," said Lauren as she waved them off. They walked into the cabin, and after about five minutes, we snuck over there to initiate the traps. Of course, we had to be dressed in all black. We all looked like ninjas ready to pounce.

Earlier, we all assigned each other booby traps around the cabin, and Carly was the one to be inside, which she already was so she didn't have to sneak in. We rigged our cabin too, so they didn't suspect anything. Mona and Emily stayed at our cabin to start those up.

The signal was the flickering of the lights, which both cabins did. We heard some noise from the boys cabin; murmurs. Carly was flickering them using strings. Then the blinds moved around a bit. Opal took a steep and played scary moans at a low volume, but high enough for the boys to hear.

I tried not to laugh as I saw Lauren, Sophie, and a few other girls to participate walking slowly towards the girls cabins with full zombie makeup on. I had the job of occasionally throwing pebbles on the windows, and every time I did, one boy would shriek a little. They became so quiet, and obviously a few suspected we were behind this.

Since it was lights out, the whole camp was nearly quiet. We copied the "Home Alone" prank by creating mannequins for the girl cabin. Blake had looked out the window, and turned to tell the guys that we were still in the cabins.

All of a sudden, a piercing scream cut through the air, and out came Mona with a huge "bite mark" on her shoulder. It looked so real.

In freshman through junior year, Mona took makeup and drama classes. Obviously that's why everything looked so real.