Chapter Thirty Seven

It had been two weeks since Blake kissed me and Mike walking in on us. We were all shocked at what just happened.

Mike decided to make the logical decision and not fight Blake. I was happy for that, but I decided to talk to him, and leave Blake in the bathroom. I couldn't speak to him after that. I just couldn't.

I know I was being over dramatic, but it was right at the time to be.

I had to chase Mike 2 blocks before I could catch up to his speed walking. Nobody even tried to stop the both of us from rushing out the door.

Once I caught up to him, I grabbed his wrist and pulled him towards me. It was easier since he decided to stop abruptly.

"Mike, why are you running away? That's not gonna help you," I yelled breathlessly.

"I just needed to cool down Lei. Can't you just leave me alone? Go back to your new lover boy," Mike replied as he slapped my hand away from his wrist.

I grabbed it again before he could escape and gritted, "Not until you tell me why you stormed out like that."

He chuckled humorlessly and shrugged after making me let go of him again. "Oh I don't know, Lei. I'd totally want to get over the fact that that asshole made out with my girlfriend. You seemed to enjoy it too, didn't you?"

"Mike, you and I both know that this relationship wasn't going anywhere to begin with. You and I both know that it's better for us to stay friends. Plus, Blake kissed me!"

"What difference does it make who kissed who?! See, that's your problem. Always blaming the other person so you won't get another person pissed at you," Mike seethed.

"You're the reason why this whole summer went to shit, Lei! Don't you get that? Where do you think you land in all of this damn drama? Right in the center, that's where."

I frowned at his comment and pointed a finger in his face. "That's not true, Mike. You can go to hell for saying I was the cause for all this."

"It's not even my fault that you decided to want to date me or do that dumb prank, was it?"

That got Mike to soften his frown. He realized that I was right, and I scoffed.

"Yeah, fuck you for that," I smiled humorlessly as I flipped him off. I backed a way a few steps before speaking again.

"Next time, don't take your anger out on me just because you came up with your own conclusions."

I stomped away before Mike could answer. I rushed back inside the house to look for Blake.

Everybody was still inside, shocked at everything that happened. I guess they heard our screaming match.

Opal was about to say something until I stopped her with my hand. "Where's Blake?"

She slightly looked pack and pointed to the bathroom. "Still--there, uh...?I--..."

I nodded and walked towards the bathroom to find a still dazed Blake.

"Get out," I said as I leaned on the doorframe.

"Lei, I didn't mean--"

"Please save your sorry's. Just...go."

He nodded and walked out of the house.

I sighed and walked upstairs no closed the door, locked it, and sat against it. I rubbed my face and sighed again.

I wasn't the type to sulk around and cry my eyes out at situations like this. I was happy for that too. Crying over something that wasn't my fault was immature and stupid.

My mom came in and decided to talk to me like she said she was though. She was smart enough to not question what just went down an hour before. We talked about things she and dad did while we were gone.

So here we are, two weeks later, and I was