Chapter Twenty

Holy barbwire, almost 8,000 reads! You guys rock!!

* * *

When we arrived at the mall, I felt a little uneasy about having Jessi, of all people, giving me a makeover. It wasn't like I had a choice, since she was the driver. Something kept telling me that she had some trick up her sleeve, but I stupidly pushed it down.

Maybe I could try escaping, I thought to myself.

All of a sudden, I felt myself being dragged by Jessi into the nearest JC Penny. "What are you doing?" I asked suspiciously.

"I know a gal here. She's one of my old friends."

Red flag right there.

"Are you getting a makeover, too?" I asked.

"No. I'm already pretty enough," Jessi retorted.

I bit back a snarky comment as soon as her "friend" showed up. This woman spelled trouble. The woman was a few years older, with amazing hair and makeup. She had "bitch" written all over her face when she looked me up and down. "I'll see what I can do," she barked.

Was that supposed to be an insult?

She brought me over to a chair and started with my hair. She called this the "no mirror trick", and I immediately started having a fit. Jessi was too busy on her phone and gazing at her nails.

"Damn it," i hissed when I gave in.

"Sit still. What's your name?" She asked as she concentrated on curling the locks.

"Lei."

"Weird name. I'm Sharon."

"Cool name."

She looked slightly taken aback, but then shrugged it off and focused on my makeup next.

* * *

"Okay, it was hard work, but you're finished," Sharon sighed 20 minutes later as she twirled my chair around.

I gasped softly at how pretty my hair and makeup looked. I really thought that she was going to smack some gross makeup on and take a picture. "Wow," I breathed.

Jessi turned and her eyes widened slightly. I was really confused. If she was jealous of me getting the guys, why was she "making me prettier"? Maybe the rules of feminism or something.

"Thanks Sharon," Jessi said quickly as she pulled me off the chair. Sharon waved us off and scrolled through her phone.

"Where to next?" I asked, now eager.

"We're going to a party."

* * *

Usually a party at noon at a night club seemed a little weird, but this was Vegas. Anything happened.

Jessi let me go around and "mingle" with the grinding dancers and drunk people. I found out that this was a 24-hour party. Weird, but cool at the same time.

I weaved my way through the crowd and sat down in a plush chair. A girl about my age sat next to me and smiled. Well, at least I thought she did. It was pretty dark in there.

"Hi, Lei," she said.

"How do you know my name?" I asked curiously.

"It's Mona."

MONA?!?

"Wha-wha-what are you doing here?" I stammered, completely taken aback.

"Just wanted to be in the area. I heard you're best friends with Jessi now," she smiled again. This was too weird. How the hell did Mona know I was here?