Chapter One

"So, to conclude, I hope you had a good 4 years at GrayBelle High," my best friend, Mona, concluded at our graduation ceremony. I could tell she couldn't hold it in when...

"AHH! WE GRADUATED!" she squealed. Everyone cheered, and threw their caps as they hugged and cried. Mona descended the stairs so quick, I jumped when she hugged me from behind. We started jumping around like little kids, relieved we made it through 4 years of GrayBelle High.

"There's that valedictorian! Were you nervous?" I asked when we got a hold of ourselves.

"Surprisingly, not at all," she smiled.

Once Mona and I hugged our friends and a bunch of other people, we dashed to my mom's car. Right when I was about to open the door, Mona asked if I can come celebrate with our friends.

I opened the passenger door and pleaded mom and dad, "Mom, dad, can I go celebrate graduation at a bonfire tonight?"

They both nodded and Mom said, "It's graduation night! Go have fun!"

"Thanks, you're the best, Renée and Jared!" Mona squealed. I have them both a quick kiss, and hopped in the backseat.

"Just remember to be careful, and call us if you're going to do anything later than 12," dad scolded,"Oh, and be sure to turn in your summer academy packets, girls!"

We nodded in unison and squealed.

* * *

"Alright, alright, quit the sob stories, and let's have some fun!" Mona cheered to our friends. It was such an advantage for Mona's mom and dad to leave us with the beachside summer home before they left. Both basically parted ways and neither could take care of Mona for the summer, so she stayed with me.

Anyway, Mona brought out a tray of shot glasses filled with marshmallow flavored Vodka. We all oohed, ahhed, and hummed in unison, as we got prepared for the infamous Truth or Dare: Spin the Bottle version. Before we could start, one of our new friends, Opal, joined us.

"Sorry I'm late, guys!" she said as she sat next to me. Opal was very pretty; her rare Cinnamon eyes mixed with her milk chocolate skin could make any guy swoon. Every time I saw her, it was like her auburn hair got more perfect. I admit, I envied her good looks.

"Opal, this is Anthony, Carly, Sophie, Mike, And Jacob. Obviously you know Lei, and me," Mona introduced. Opal waved shyly to everyone in the group; especially Jacob. They're so meant to be.

"Alright, let's get this party started! Remember, choose wisely and choose fast, because if you're too slow or don't answer or do, shot glass." I explained. I spun the bottle in the middle and it stopped right...on...Opal! I knew EXACTLY what to do.

"Alright, truth, or dare?" Carly asked, dramatically deepening her voice for suspense. Opal blushed, and answered, "Dare."

"Well, we got a victim on our hands," I smirked, "Kiss Jacob." Carly and I high-fived, both thinking the exact same thought. Opal blushed again, this time redder as she made her way over to kiss Jacob, the baseball player. Of course he had some muscle, just not as much as Anthony. Sparks definitely flew once their lips touched.

"Get a room," Sofie joked. Sofie was a lot more laid back, with her hippie styles, and whatnot. Tonight she had on denim shorts, a floral strapped blouse, and a braided headband on top of her golden locks. The look was perfect for her protruding blue orbs.

Carly was just the opposite. Of course her signature "bad girl" look with leather jackets, boots, with black as her favorite color seemed to be the perfect match for her intriguing personality.