Chapter Thirty Three

A:N: the song of the last chapter was Let's Groove by Earth, Wind, and Fire!

* * *

A wave of water rushed over me as soon as my eyes closed. As soon as I came back up from the splashing waves I screamed, "What the hell Mike?!"

Mike was doubled over on top of the cliff laughing his ass off. I swam as fast as I could back to the shore and raced up the cliff to see him still laughing. Good. His back was turned, so I snuck up behind him and shoved him as hard as I could.

He thankfully lost his balance and fell into the beach water. I cracked up as he gave me the finger and swam back to shore.

I made sure to watch Mike so he wouldn't have pushed me back into the water.

"Lei, you are so naive," Mike chided once he reached the car.

"What? How?"

"You do realize that we have to stay out here until we're dry, right?"

I was slightly taken aback at this statement, but quickly recovered. "Well, thankfully the snack shack here has towels!"

He shook his head. "The snack shack is closed today."

I smiled. "Good thing there's a town full of shops right over there!" I pointed towards the city footsteps away from the beach.

"But I can't leave this car,"Mike tried to explain as I walked away.

"Who said you were leaving?"

I smiled in triumph as I heard nothing else come from Mike.

* * *

"What the hell took you so long?" Mike sighed heavily when I came back with about five shopping bags, and a new sundress on me.

"I wanted to try stuff on, sheesh. I was only gone for and hour. You could've came."

Mike ignored my comment and asked, "Well did you get any extra clothes for me?"

"Of course I did!" I smiled evilly. This was to get him back for pushing me into the water when I may have thought he was gonna do something else.

I took out a floral shirt and matching floral shorts that looked like it belonged to a huge tourist. Not literally huge, but I got what I meant.

Mike grimaced at the clothes. "Weren't there regular board shorts or something?"

"Nope. Just those."

He rolled his eyes and took off his wet shirt.

"Whoa, whoa. You're changing here?" I asked in annoyance as I shut my eyes.

"Just my shirt so calm down."

I reopened them to find Mike still without a shirt. He wasn't looking at me, so I may or may not have gotten a good look at his toned stomach. I must've looked too long, because he was now staring at me weirdly.

"Sorry," I said as I looked away again.

"You know, if you want me, all you gotta do is say the word," Mike suggestively winked.

"Oh my lord, you're so disgusting," I laughed.

As soon as he put his floral shirt on, he went around the car to put his matching shirts on. I busied myself with my phone until I heard his cue to get in the car.

Once I stepped into the vehicle, I found Mike smirking at me.

"What?"

He faced forward. "Nothing."

I frowned. "What, Mike?"

Mike grinned and repeated, "Nothing."

"Mike if you don't tell me--"

"Check your Facebook."

I eyed him suspiciously then opened the Facebook app on my phone as Mike drove out of the beach.

After I logged in, I saw several notifications. They were all comments and likes from a status I was tagged in.

Congrats you guys! -Jacob Q.

So envious. -Mona D.

You two better not get it on in our suite! -Opal R.

The last comment made my eyes widen and I frantically checked my profile. Mike posted a status with me tagged in it ten minutes ago saying, "Today was amazing with Lei. Hope the day slows down."

How cheesy.

Of course he smirked at Opal's comment as I rolled my eyes.

"I'll delete it if you want me to," Mike spoke up as he chuckled.

"No no. It's fine," I gritted. That only made him laugh more.

Boys are such jerks.

* * *

Mike dropped me off at the suite and gave me an awkward hug.

"So, today's our last day. Opal texted me and said that we're going to the airport in the morning."

He nodded.

"Okay, I'll see you soon," I smiled. He smiled back and kissed my cheek.

"Bye."

"Bye."

Mike turned to leave when we both sorted Blake walking down the hall. "Hey man," Blake said.

"Hey! Let's go ask the guys about the game."

After they did their bro bumps, I watched them walk down the hall. Blake turned back to me and glared.

What? I mouthed.

He shook his head and kept walking.

All of a sudden, the suite door opened and manicured hands pulled me into the room.

"What the hell?!" I yelled as I got yanked in.

"Okay, what was that? Is Blake jealous or something?" Emily asked eagerly.

The one thing about these girls was that they are gossip for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Without it, they probably couldn't survive.

"How was he jealous? He just looked back at me," I shrugged nonchalantly as I walked past the suspicious girls.

"Why were you guys watching anyway? You're so nosy!"

Carly piped in. "I'm not exactly a fan of all this, but come on. It's so obvious. Blake's jealous."

I scoffed. "Where did this even come from? Aren't you guys gonna at least ask how the date went?"

"No. We're gonna get to the bottom of Blake's jealousy," Mona replied, full of determination.

"Ugh. If you're gonna investigate, leave me out of it," I sighed.

* * *

Well, finally updated.

I honestly don't know why it took me this long, but whatever.

Song~ Thriller by Michael Jackson.

~C