Chapter Fourty Six

"Lei. Lei? Lei!"

"Aah! What?" I squealed. I looked back to see Mona with a concerned look on her face.

"Sorry for startling you, but we've been watching you pace the suite for over an hour."

I turned to face the girls watching me with curiosity. I grinned sheepishly and murmured an apology.

"What's up with you lately? You've been acting really weird these couple days; even when we went shopping for dresses," Sophie explained.

"And you've been eating a lot too," Mona said. My head snapped to her and I replied, "My eating habits don't concern you."

Carly rolled her eyes and replied, "Uh, it does when one of our best friends doesn't tell us anything. What are you hiding Lei?"

Damn. I knew it was going to come to this. I took a deep breath and let it all out.

By the time I was finished, the looks on the girls' faces didn't change at all. In fact, they just seemed bored. I was just glad the huge weight was lifted off my chest.

"What? No, 'OMG Lei, you think you might be in love with Blake Hemingway?!' Seriously?" I asked with utter shock.

"Leighla Parks, you are one naive gal," Emily replied with a small laugh, "I may not have been around as much as the other girls, but even I know that you had feelings for him."

Opal turned to her with a smirk and asked, "Did you know they kissed sometime ago?"

Emily sat up with a grin and said, "Okay, that I didn't know. Why didn't you guys tell me at the pool party?"

"Slipped my mind, Em. I thought you'd figure it out considering all that drama that happened between me and Mike," I assumed.

She shrugged and kept explaining my "naiveness".

"Lei, why don't you just tell him? I mean, yeah there's Claire and you guys were sworn enemies in the past, but I think you've been in love with him since he first moved into your neighborhood."

"What?! The first thing I thought when I first saw him at my door was--"

"Holy shit. I think I'm in love!" Sophie teased. I glared at her and everyone laughed.

"This is why I don't tell you guys things until later!" I whined.

"Oh come on, Lei, that's what friends are for! To make fun of you!" Sophie chuckled.

"Hey, might I remind you that you liked Hemingway at one point."

She shrugged, "Eh. He's hot, don't get me wrong, but not my type."

A couple months ago, I would've cringed and shivered at even the slightest thought of Blake Hemingway. Sadly, all that has changed.

I plopped down on the soft creme sofa between Emily and Mona and sighed. "Y'know, honestly I miss hating him. It was so much better, and ironically more drama free. It was like, everybody knew where to be, but right when camp starts, BOOM. Shit goes down."

The girls nodded in agreement with that. There were no mixed feelings about anyone and everybody just knew who to hate and who to love. All of that was mixed up now, and it was too late to turn back the moment Blake had rung that doorbell.

"There were good times too. Especially in camp! I actually really enjoyed pranking everyone and playing all those games, and really if it weren't for Blake, it probably wouldn't have been as fun," Carly admitted.

"Really? How so?" I asked.

"Well, you and him were always competing with one another, even though you were on the same team. That kinda fueled the fire a bit more with all of us, but that was probably the best thing about it."