Melanies POV

What the hell just happened? I just waltzed right out of there with my head feeling like a deflated balloon! I couldn't believe that some people, turning out to be Ian and Anthony put me in an ice bath. Nice to know someone actually cares.

"I'm so stupid! I cannot believe I just did that. Beth you have to help me. I have no clue what to do! I flirted with him and gave him my number! H e l p m e A S A P!" I yelled into the phone. Beth has been my best friend for a while so I of course had to tell her. But of course she didn't answer so I had to leave a stupid message.

I flipped over. It had been about a week and I was STILL obsessing about guys I didn't even know. I was just laying on the couch, watching spongebob. My makeup and art work for the play down at the National Arts Museum was going to start in about two weeks. Maybe I should go out, get some makeup, do some art work, you know, get back into the groove.

I thought about it, then quickly decided a talking sponge is the way to go. I flicked the volume up. I know spongebob may seem stupid but he's great when your life feels like an endless movie.

A few days later, I decided to start painting a still life of my dog. she had passed away a few years ago and I missed every inch of fur on her. I created curves of the snout, drops of sweat on the nose, the almost perfect black eyeliner look around her eyes, and the detail and texture of how she looked. It filled my heart with sadness and my eyes with tears. I blinked them away and set it aside. I closed the door in my office and headed down to the kitchen to make some chicken. I had been putting the chicken in bread crumbs when my phone buzzed. Beth was going apeshit ever since I told her what happened. It's all about boys to Beth so let's see what high pitched remark she has to make today.

"Beth get it out quick spongebob just came back from commercials and I'm making chicken" I remarked, clamping my chin to my shoulder to keep my phone in place.

"I believe your misidentifying me. I'm with Wells Fargo and were calling on the regards of your bank account." I heard a deep voice say.

"Oh what about it?" I asked, my stomach feeling like it was in my shoes. I dropped the slimy chicken cutlet, over analyzing what could possibly be wrong.

"Your credit card limit has been exceeded by 300 dollars. You haven't paid it in a month as well."

"300?! That's impossible!" I screamed a little loudly. "I haven't used but 100 on groceries! Where was the money spent?"

"It says in Pasadena, California. Is that near where you live? And do you have your card?" The man implied.

"Hang on." I quickly washed the chicken slime off my hands and sprinted to my pocket book. Gone. My credit, debit, and my subway card. What kind of a dick takes someone's subway card?

"It's gone. My credit and debit."

"No problem ma'am we'll find more information. If they took that then they most likely know your bank account number. Would you like to discontinue the cards?"

"Yes! And I would also like to change my bank account number and add life lock to my social security." My voice shook. I don't know why it bothered me so much. I has always hated the feeling of vulnerability.

After about a half an hour of resetting things, they said that the things purchased with my credit card were paid for and my new cards will be here soon. I still don't know how this happened. I haven't been anywhere overly new. Except for-

Smosh. It's extremely possible they did it. I had left my purse and came back to get it. I haven't been anywhere since except for the park and a few art galleries.

I felt a strange mix of confusion, anger, and betrayal. I didn't have the right to feel betrayed I didn't know them at all. Although they had helped me, and if they did that then they did technically break the trust I had.

I felt gross. My mind felt infected by he perplexing thoughts bouncing around. I felt disgusting and I hoped into my bath hoping to wash away whatever I was feeling.