Melanie's POV

Mari, a friend I met through twitter, was dragging me to a party. She had known about the whole Ian thing, as I had told her about it. She thought I could use a night out apparently.

We got there, and I recognized where we were. This was Ian's house. "Mari! This is Ian's house! What the hell!?" I said, getting angry.

"I know I know but you shouldn't let him ruin everything. Plus, there are cuties here." she said, opening the car door. Mari walked in, and introduced us over again, as if we didn't know eachother. He told me to have a good time and I guess I looked confused but I was grateful that he could make this less painful. I made my way to drink some beer.

"Mel slow down!" Mari warned me as I chugged a beer.

"My liver is made of steel I'm not a kid" I said, crushing the cup in my hand then tossing it out. "By the Way" by the Red Hot Chili Peppers came on. I freaked out and ran to dance. This guy was eying me across the room. I gave him a swift wink and continued to dance.

He made his way over. He had this dark hair, sweeping in just the right way. His eyes were this bright green, like emeralds shining. "You like the Red Hot Chili Peppers huh?" He asked.

"Are you kidding? I love them!" I said, mouthing the words along perfectly. He smirked.

"Wanna dance?" He asked. I wasn't surprised, but man I was happy.

"Sure!"

We didn't stop dancing until the part was over. I had gotten his number and I was all smiles.

"I never got your name! I'm Benjamin, but please call me Ben." he said.

"I'm Melanie, but you can call me Mel." I said. "I had a lot of fun tonight. So thanks."

"It was really my pleasure. I'll be sure to text you soon." He smirked. I smiled back and kissed his cheek, then heading back to Mari's car. I guess he didn't think I would see him hold the spot on his cheek where I kissed it.

"Melanie! You two are electric!" Mari exclaimed, a little too loudly as Ian had heard it. Ian looked a little frazzled but I didn't really care.

I was smiling all night.

A/N:

Sorry for the really short chapter...I've been really caught up in things. Hope you enjoyed this part of the story!

~Gigi