Ian's POV

I felt bad for Melanie, she tried to tell me she didn't care about the Ben thing, but she was obviously hung up on him. I got over Bella, and I hope she gets over Ben. Recording videos was easy, but I could feel that I was acting distant. I already feel detached in general, everyone else having a relationship that they can rely on.

I had been sulking for a while before realizing that I could have a perfectly fine relationship with a person standing right there. I could have a perfect, happy relationship with Melanie. I couldn't let her slip away, not again.

I sprung up from my seat on the couch, snatching my keys off the counter. A pit in my stomach slowed my feet, but I pressed on. I pulled out of the driveway faster than I ever have before, peeling out onto the road. I drove over to Melanie's, running through what I would say.

"Hey Melanie, I'm literally in love with everything about you. What about you?"

Sure, sounds practical. I got there in three minutes flat, and instantly rushed to her door. I banged on the door, and waited. My heart thundered through my chest, I thought she would never open the door. Soon enough, that blonde head and cheeky smile came through.

"Ian, hey! What's up-" I probably should've let her finish, but I couldn't. I quickly pushed in, kissing her without hesitation. Her hands cupped around my face, pulling me in closer. Was she actually kissing back? When we broke apart, she had the biggest smile on her face.

"How long had you been waiting to do that?" She said, smirking at me. I chucked at how cocky she was.

"Since the day we met." I smiled back as she blushed.

"Well, would you like to come in for some wine or something? It's only 9:30." We spent the rest of the night watching people fall down in temper tantrums on Maury. Her laugh was beautiful, and always right on the punch line.

That next morning, I woke up in warm blue sheets. They smelled way too good to be mine. I sat up and looked around, seeing girly artsy crap all over the room. I glanced to the warmth beside me, seeing Melanie out cold. I smirked and crept out slowly, trying not to wake her up.

"Nice try, I've been awake since seven." She flip-flopped out of bed and ran to the kitchen. "Time for breakfast!" She squealed. I shook my head and followed. "I got waffles, pancakes, eggs, bacon, the works! Pick your poison."

"Holy crap my everything hurts." I said, rubbing my eyes. My nose itched, and I sneezed with a boom.

"What the hell was that? That sounded like a fricken bomb." She chuckled, getting all the food from her fridge. "So, how was your stay last night?" She asked, wiggling her eyebrows.

"We both know that, but, food would be better." I rushed to the couch across the room and jumped onto it. Flipping through the TV channels, nothing was there that suited me. About a half an hour later, Melanie yelled for breakfast.

Stuffing our faces with pancakes, bacon, and eggs, our smiles grew wider as our stomachs grew fuller.

Best breakfast ever.