Melanie's POV

Ever since Ian spent the night, things have felt so much lighter. Work was easier, I was happier, everything was better. I wanted to keep it on the down low, just because it wasn't serious and I didn't want it to go fast.

It was Saturday, so I really didn't want to do anything. In leggings and a sweatshirt, I was lying on the couch doing nothing. I grabbed my phone and dialed Stella.

"Hey Mel!" She yelled.

"You should come over. We can drink wine, talk about stuff" I said, bopping my foot up and down.

"You sound excited. What's going on?" She questioned.

"That's for later on. Please come over?" I begged.

"Alright alright, I'll be over by seven."

I pulled myself off of my couch, ready to take a shower. I put on some music and turned on the hot water. Stepping in, I instantly felt the hot water cascade down my head. Soap, soap, where's the fucking soap? God dang it, now I have to get out of the nice shower into the cold air, and find the stupid soap. I dug a bottle of shampoo and body wash out of the lower counter, and rushed back to the shower. The hot water welcomed me back, and I warmed up instantly. I washed up, and hopped out. It was only 12:30, so I can easily get ready in time. I brushed my teeth and threw on some jeans and a tank top.

My phone buzzed as I was doing my towel wrap on my hair. It was Ian texting me, but I had to do that thing where I read the text then waited for a few minutes so I didn't come off as eager.

Ian: Hey!

Mel: Hullo! Whats up?

Ian: Nothing much, I'm probably going to go out with Anthony later tonight. What about you?

Mel: Girls night with Stella. I'll see you tomorrow, we can see The Conjuring :)

Ian: yes! I'll see you then. Bye

I put my phone down and brushed my hair out. I got everything done, and decided to go get myself some coffee from Starbucks. I yawned and walked out to my car. It was a crappy little car but it was mine. I got to Starbucks and bought a caramel frapachino, mainly because I didn't like straight up coffee. Downing it with sugar, I felt better and left to go back home.

As soon as I walked inside, I wanted to paint. I ran over to my easel and snatched my brush and just painted. I decided on a tree, with spiraling vines around the trunk and blooming flowers popping out from the ground. I highlighted the leaves, I shaded the petals, and I ended up finishing within two hours. I felt satisfied, and it was almost time for Stella to come over. I quickly washed up and got everything ready.

In about a half an hour, I heard a knock at the door. Opening it, I saw Stella there with a bottle of wine and a smile on her face.

"Tell me everything" she said.

"How the hell did you know?" I questioned.

"Duh! There's a pair of shorts on your couch and you have a dumb look on your face." She said, walking in.

"Well shit" I muttered. "I kinda wanted to keep this on the down low but oh well."

"Come on! Tell me the juicy secrets!" She said, getting two glasses from the table.

"Like...?" I asked as she filled my glass with the red water of regrets.

"How was it?" She asked, wiggling her eyebrows.

"Well..." I started. "Awkward but then it was fun I guess" I said.

"That's it?!" She yelled, disappointed. "Wow. Sounds like you had so much fun."

"Hey! I just want to keep this thing more private you know?" I said.

"Alright alright. I still expect the full story."

And after that, I just spilled literally everything that had happened in the last two weeks.