Melanie's POV

My toes curled inside my shoes. I felt horrible. Some asshole on the plane coughed in my face. Every time he fell asleep he would rest his head on me and he would never shut up. He smelled like burning baloney mixed with vinegar. I shuddered. I can still smell his breath. It stung the back of your throat like when you eat something spicy and it hits your windpipe.

I already had my luggage with me and I have was trying to find a taxi or something.

"Chill chill chill it'll be fine you just have to go a few miles to your apartment and then you can buy a car after insurance gets settled" I can't help it. I have to chant to myself all the time about how everything will turn out great, even when it looks bleak. Not such a bad thing but it's annoying sometimes.

I eventually pulled out of my thoughts and waved my hand above my head. Cars passed. Wow, rude.

"What the fuck I'm not that ugly. I think. and hope." I muttered under my breath.

Eventually a taxi stopped. I climbed in awkwardly and sat down on the squeaky leather. I said my address and we were on our way.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I plopped on my couch, short of breath. I'm so out of shape. I lifted all my boxes in, got my cable and TV set up, my bed set up, and the couches in. No boxes unpacked. Pretty pathetic but oh well. Depending on how much money I have at the end of bills I could go out and buy new clothes or buy some furniture. Eh. But I have important stuff to do. Like laying on my couch and watching tv to get well acquainted with the furniture.

I flipped through the channels and landed on E! network. They were talking about Youtubers again. This time it was Pewdiepie and smosh. Hmm. Smosh is cute. I like the one with the beard. He looks so familiar. He's the human version of the word on the tip of your tongue that you just can't think of.

I checked the clock. "It's only 8:30? Damn." I said with a yawn, not being used to the three hour time change. I don't want to be a pansy and sleep but if I do I'll get up mega early. I'll stay up and watch a little bit more TV and tomorrow maybe I'll do something fun.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When I woke it was only 8:30. I flipped over. I'm way too awake. I slithered out of bed and walked into my little kitchen. I took some plates out of a box that I was too lazy to unpack yesterday and started making some toast and eggs.

When the toaster popped up I grabbed my plate and sat down. I clicked on the tv, watching nickelodeon. I hate to admit it but spongebob is the shit.

I watched tv for another half hour and I decided to actually get my blood pumping. Maybe I'll go out for a jog, maybe meet some new people, who knows. I doubt it though. I won't make it far enough, I'll be puking after ten steps. I flicked off the tv and went to get changed into some shorts and a tank top.

I laced my tennis shoes up and started to stretch out. My hamstrings burned just from bending over so running may be a tad bit harder. I stretched my quads and my butt then I walked out the door and started to jog.

First ten minutes, eh no problem. Then when it hit twenty, ugh. It felt like my lungs were filled with water and my sweat was ice cold. Oh shit. I feel like I'm about to puke. Passing joggers, dog walkers, and other people looked at me funky. I could feel myself growing paler and paler. I stopped, my hands on my knees, heaving. Someone stopped in front of me.

"Are you alright-" and that's all I heard before I fell backwards on my back, coughing my lungs out. Then fainting. Running is so easy.