Melanies POV

Every since Ian passed out on my couch I've been checking up on him. I've been cheated on before, and it stings for a while. He has his YouTube channel, and I have Ben. Well, I think I do. I'm in the stage where everything is unclear as fuck and one wrong move can change your opinion of them.

I want to get a few of the girls together, just to relax together. I had made a few friends, some from the theater and some are friends of Ian's. I just want to have a nice night where I won't be bombarded by questions about what I'm doing right at this second in time. I called Mari, Theta, and Mindy. Mari's just going to be late, so I'd better get some food and wine. I plucked up my keys and walked to my car. I drove to the supermarket, which luckily isn't very far from my house. I pushed the cart around aimlessly, trying to find a wine that didn't look like crap. One poked out from the shelves, a deep red wine with a wicker casing. Oh yeah, this one. I picked up two bottles and set them in the cart, the metal shaking as I did. I hopped around, buying little things. After about an hour, I had everything I wanted. I checked out, and pushed on towards my car. I really wasn't used to the California heat.

I had just been on the couch when Theta and Mindy knocked. I got up and opened the door.

"Hey guys!" I exclaimed, hugging both of them. "Come on in, I'll get the wine."

"You're apartment is so artsy. I expected it to be way more girly and pink. You know those useless candles that are never lit? I expected thousands of them just, everywhere" Theta said, looking around. I laughed and poured three glasses, then walked over to them. I put on some music and we sat down.

"Okay, so you know how Daniel got in trouble for tripping and falling during the performance last week?" I nodded, enthralled already about Daniel falling. I saw it all. His cape got caught under his foot and he smacked face first on the stage. Nose bleeding and everything, he still attempted to deliver his lines. "Well, apparently, Director Ambi wants him off the stage. Forever." She said.

"No way, Daniel may be a dick but he's one of our best actors. Would he really cut him just for that?" Mindy said. Theta and I grew silent, and stared at her. She always trash talks him. Unless...

"You got the hots for Daniel!" Theta yelled.

"I do not!" Mindy screeched.

I shook my head. "Bull to the shit. Come clean!" I said, laughing.

"Fine, fine. Maybe just a little bit." Mindy said, blushing.

"Wow Mindy wow. Out of all the people, it just has to be him." I whined, sipping on my wine. She rolled her eyes and took a gulp from hers. The doorbell rang, it should be Mari. I walked over and opened the door. Sure enough, there she was, smiling widely. "Hey! Get in here!" I said, yanking her in. She waved to Theta and Mindy on the couch and we all sat down.

The night slipped away, giggles and teasing were thrown left and right. Soon enough, it was time for them to go. "Oh my god, Melanie, it's almost one. We'd better be going." Theta said. I yawned and nodded, too tired to agree full on. Everyone filed out, and I cleaned up quickly. I stuffed the empty pretzel and chip bags in the trash can, and I re-corked the wine. I went into the bathroom and washed up. I threw on some baggy clothes and climbed into bed, my eyelids being drawn closed fast.

A/N:

Hello!(it's me) I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, and I'll try to update it again this week. Be sure to check out my other story "How Can I Put This Lightly?" Be sure to

vote

comment

and have a nice night!

Thanks!

~Gigi