Signed by the Stars

Arasia made it back to camp without incident. Her team was sitting around a campfire discussing tactics, or rather discussing how to discuss tactics as most present knew little to nothing about battle plans. Gale was the first to notice her, he gave her the 'These kids know like nothing and I want to brain them' look. Ara rolled her eyes and sat down, "Its the Newmoon." The small crowd of kids fell silent. Ara noticed that quite a few of them weren't from her team, and most of them looked like they were a day out of kindergarten. They all looked at her, most of them hadn't heard what she had said, as all of them had been talking over each other. "Its the Newmoon." she repeated. This time all of them heard her, a few paled, one actually passed out. three more stood up and dragged the fainted party away as if they had known it would happen before he had actually collapsed. nobody seemed surprised by the sudden departure though most of them stared after the retreating figures. "There are eight tents seven are in a ring around a single fire, I believe they are of the Rasfestus sort, and if she packed them full there should be about one hundred ten Newmoons." One of the boys, one of the younger ones asked trying to look important and knowledgeable asked "So how many troops can Infinity muster?" Arasia sighed, "That's the problem, at a normal time we have about four hundred fully trained warriors, but..." "We just sent off two hundred and fifty to assist the Void.(The void is a school for the Majestic way{sort of like elementation magic} just like Infinity)" Lore finished for her. The boy nodded "What about defenses?" He was still trying to look wise and grown up. Ara noticed the band around his wrist, it was white with blue designs decorating it. The band was the sign of the Incipientium (in-shu-pee-A-ti-um) or the ranks of those who haven't been chosen to any team; it meant that he wasn't even part of Infinity. He had probably been here to see the older kids in action when the shut down had happened, after that no one was allowed to leave and no one was allowed to enter. Ara racked her head for an answer "None, on this side of Infinity" the boy looked a bit disconcerted by her words, and Arasia couldn't blame him. Finally she broke the long and uncomfortable silence that followed her words "What's your name?" He straightened his back and said "Sebastian Sonerae" Ara nodded, "What's your cohors(Core-eh-z) Title?" A cohors was a group similar to a team that most other Majestic Way schools employed, however a cohors was much larger and not as tightly knitted together as teams. Their sole purpose was to teach the children how to fight in a group, how to trust someone else, as most of the kids coming in were close mouthed and suspicious. Often this was because of a event previously in their lives, as most of them had siblings who had passed on to the Grinde (Grey-en-dee) {which was were People, Fae, Daemons, and most other intelligent beings went after death} before their time, often this was at the hand of the Newmoon. Some had parents, or siblings, or a friend, or some other role model who had gone over; and so many of them didn't trust anyone for the reason that anyone could betray them, no matter how long you've known them or how well you know them. Sebastian sat straighter, if that were possible; "Falling Sky, twenty first regiment." The cohors were the means by which everyone of the schools excepting the Newmoon, the Oceanic(Oh-she-an-ic), and the Rousehable(Rooz-hay-bul) {Rousehable is Griansech (Gry-an-seck) for Titanborn}; all of which selected their teams like the Incipientium did. Ara looked up at him with a new level of respect in her eyes, The Falling Sky was a regiment that ha been in place for three decades and was perhaps the hardest cohors to get into. What's your Majestic talent? He hesitated then slowly replied "I'm not quite sure, but..." Ara looked at him questioningly "I think maybe I have a mix of two..." he trailed off again, not sure if he wanted to continue. Ara looked at him again with one eyebrow raised. He hesitated again "I think maybe it might be Beginning..." he hesitated again "The teachers mostly agree with me on that but... I think maybe I might also have Chaos." He looked down at his shoes, as if embarrassed. Gale gave a long drawn out intake of breath in mock horror, Arasia turned to him and glared; he burst out laughing. Ara kept her steady glare on him, finally he looked back at her, "What? He's acting like he committed a crime or something worse!" Arasia glared at him for a few more moments, then she turned back to Sebastian. Who had found something of extreme fascination on his shoes. "What can you do." The words were phrased as a question but her tone didn't rise on the last note, and made it clear that she expected a answer. Sebastian looked up and met her gaze, he shrugged again "I can make things happen." Ara nodded, but she could see that everyone else didn't understand the statement to its full capacities. "I want the seniors only, all juniors out of here." she hesitated then said "except those in the twenty first, fifty sixth, and tenth Cohors." These were the hardest to get into, and they house the elite kids, those kids that had a little extra up top. She looked around then added, "and Marie (Mar-eye)" One of the little girls turned around expectantly, she had gotten up to leave "Find Jayter, and Lizzie then return with both of them." she nodded then giggled "I think Jayter is reading that faetale book again!" She giggled again, Ara sighed, "Marie! It is history!" She giggled again then skipped away. "What has Jayter been reading?" Gale asked, a quizzitive expression on his face. Ara smirked then after a few moments hesitation answered in a monotone "A Complete history of the three Saunds Sisters, The Rising of the Newmoon, and The battle Summitt Rising."{I Might do a short chapter on The rising of the Newmoon at the end of this story.} Gale sniggered, "Sounds like fun reading." Leister(lay-sty-er)- Captain of the team  Continuous ran into the clearing, he had probably run from the Clock, but he wasn't even breathing hard, he pointed to the sky "look at the stars!" Written across the sky in glittery sparkles were nine words 'The End of Infinity Is here, but not tonight.' Ara gasped, she had only seen one other message like this before, and then it had come from her sister, who had departed, she wasn't here anymore she was beyond, in the Grinde. There was only one other person who had the talent and skill to do something like that. Kafe.

A.N.
 If you don't understand something just ask, I have a habit of assuming that other people know what I know before I tell them. I want to bring Sebastian into more of my stories, 'The End of Infinity' is what this story is based off, think of it as .5 it takes place in the middle of The End of Infinity. I might put this story inside of the end of Infinity without the Saunds sisters story. Still have no idea what I'm going to do for the Infinity side, I'm up for suggestions!