From the Sun to the Stars Teaser

This one's my favorite story so far. I haven't finished it yet, so here's a teaser. Enjoy!!

Diana pointed to her light, then knelt on the ground and pulled her dagger out of its sheath, where it had gone unnoticed, it had a silver hilt, on the end was a uppercase D, the flat edge touching the hilt It had intricate carvings down the blade and was quite short. She traced her dagger on the crusted floor, thin lines appearing wherever it touched. Her letters alternated between uppercase and lowercase, depending on whichever was easiest to draw,

THe LIgHT cAN sENd A FlArE.

Apollo glanced nervously up at the door, he realized why Diana was writing it down, Master Hymlin could be outside the door, even though they had heard him walk up the stairs, they all knew magic could manipulate just about anything.

Apollo and Collin moved to sit in a small circle with Diana.

Collin took the dagger from Diana, he wrote right in front of him, in all capitals,

WHO DOES IT SIGNAl?

Diana took it back from him, she scratched out the words she had written, making them illegible, then she did the same to Collin's. She laboriously carved out new words

THE AbovE, IT wILL bE LoUd. HE wILL HEAr.

There was no need to explain who he was. It was plenty clear.

Collin took the dagger from Diana again, He began carving out more letters, trying to go as fast as he could.

WILL THEY HEAR?

Diana nodded, not bothering to take the time to scratch out an answer.

Apollo reached in front of Diana, putting his hand in front of Collin.

Collin placed the slender blade in Apollo's hand.

Apollo pulled his hand back, being careful to not stab Diana as he went. He placed the tip of the dagger on the ground. It was much harder than it looked, as you had to hold the hilt while using it, and the D on the end interfered with your grip.

WILL It go THROuGH THe WALL AND CEiLiNg

Apollo couldn't, for the life of him, figure out how they did the question marks, so he just left it how it was.

Diana nodded, still not making any move for the dagger.

Apollo scratched over all the previous comments, covering them in brown dust.

LETs Do IT.

Diana looked at Collin, who nodded. She shrugged then beckoned the ball down, she hesitated, then took the dagger from Apollo.

WE muST bE rEAdY. HE WILL cOmE. THE AboVE WILL KNoW IT Is mE. mAGIc Is dIsTINcTIvE.

Collin took the knife from her,

WE ARE READY, DO IT.

Diana took a deep breath, then placed her hands on either side of the glowing light, almost two inches from contact. Her eyes closed, the ball began to get dimmer, slowly losing its sheen, little by little. She was muttering something under her breath, at first Apollo had no idea what she was saying. It all sounded like random sounds, placed in a strange sequence. After a few moments, Apollo began to pick out words. Finally, he realized she was repeating the same thing over and over again.

"Sun set, Moon rise, tower tall move fast. Loud and quick get up and warn."

Diana's eyes opened, Apollo could've imagined it, but he thought her silver eyes were glowing, he only had a few seconds to look however, before a silvery blue torrent of magic shot up through the ceiling. The pillar of light was there for almost ten seconds, and then, it exploded.