Up further

Jayter Raced up the steps Ara was already at the top, gasping he tried to go faster but the steps were just so... well it seemed like they went on forever. Then, he saw a big gray-black shape lying on one of the steps, the big shape in question stood up and looked at him, "Aura tell me there's only a few more steps" Jayter panted. The wolf could not in fact talk but she could look at him like he was an absolute idiot, the look that Ara gave him more times then she looked at him. Then Ara's voice responded "You are supposed to be training, of course it's a long way up." Jayter grinned, of course Ara wasn't panting. She didn't even seem to be out of breath. "Easy for you to say, you've probably spent half your life sprinting." Ara poked her head around the edge, the staircase spiraled up, which Jayter was finding made sprinting up even harder. "maybe, but you'll spend your whole life sprinting if you continue up this stair." And now she smiled cueing Jayter's groan. then she walked around the bend and traced two stones, "Look, this stone with the crack in it, move two stones left, then three up six right, then just shove out this one." a door cracked open making a miserable groaning noise as Ara pushed it further, then she stepped down the stairs. Jayter followed her, she turned around. "come on!" then she stepped through a wall. Jayter stared after her, with one last groan he stepped through the wall. On the other side was a room with a bunch of sofas and bean-bags Ara was seated in one of the bean-bags holding a green book that's cover sounded something like "The Tree Sisters of Saunds" Jayter turned away then spun back around scanning the cover again, "Yep, Adella wrote it" Ara said answered his question before he could ask it. He read the cover again, "The Three Saunds Sisters". "Hey... Ara..." Jayter said slowly. "Isn't that your last name?" Ara looked at him puzzled "My last name?" Jayter remembered what Gale had said "My family name is Hondern. But I believe I have heard Quickereins refer to it as last name." Saved by gale, again "Family Name" Jayter hastily corrected. Ara nodded, My Family name is Saunds; this book is of my ancestress Phayze, and her sisters. I believe I have told you of Phayze? Correct? Well Adda managed to get most of what she and her sisters did down on paper, though this is the only copy. Jayter sat down on a bean bag next to her there were books scattered all over... well everywhere. Jayter shifted and removed a book he had accidentally sat on when he shifted another fell off the back of the bean back and knocked him on the back of the head, when he reached up to grab the book behind his head he bonked his elbow on another book. Finally he managed to get settled into his seat, he looked over to Ara and saw that she was looking down at the book on her lap, all to obviously not looking at Jayter. Her shoulders were shaking with mirth. "Oh, go on laugh I know your doing it anyway." said Jayter in resignation.  Ara giggled and looked up at him, she was repressing a laugh. "Oh I don't know Jayter, do you want another book?" Jayter sighed then reached over and snatched the book out of Ara's hands, she burst out laughing. "You go on reading that, I'll go get another one." She stood up still laughing over Jayter's Fight with the chair and books. Jayter opened up the first page, and began reading. He was so absorbed in the book that he didn't notice Ara walk back in the room carrying, "On End, On Below, Over Hill, Under Snow." He didn't notice Ara sit down, or begin reading. The Three Saunds Sisters, kept him captivated for the rest of the day...