Tiptoe Through The (Crocuses) Loud Hall of Even Louder Diplomats.

The prince was getting rather desperate by now, and so he approached the third sister with much caution. He was right to do so, though not for the reasons he imagined.

The third sister, Crocus, was in the town building, debating the other university graduates. Crocus had returned from university the previous year with a newfound fondness for diplomatic arguing.

"Pardon," said the prince.

"I disagree!" Crocus shouted. Then, she noticed the minstrel standing in the doorway.

The prince held up a small blue box with delicate gold filigree in his right hand, "The person to open this box before the first sunrise of them retaining it shall receive great fortune."

"So? Open it!" Said Crocus with great excitedness.

"Don't open it," shouted another, "It might have snakes!"

"Great fortune? Hand it to me!" Yelled another.

The prince held it out, ignoring the intruders. "I cannot open it , but can you? Many a sunrise has already passed with my retaining it."

"Don't open it!! It might turn to morning if you do!" shouted the second man. "Give it to me instead!"

"Bah!" yelled one who hadn't yet spoken "Let me open it!"

Crocus took it eagerly, ignoring the others. She did not disbelieve him, for it was not unheard of for strangers to appear and give you strange gifts that could enhance an attribute of the receiver. Crocus figured that this was a reward for her stunning intelligence. She took a few pins out of her tightly upheld hair. Then, she began fiddling them around in the lock. 

She did not notice the prince taking his leave. She also didn't notice an entire hour pass by while she attempted to open the box. Or the young man who appeared in the doorway, at least until he spoke. "Pardon, has a man passed through here? He wears a green jerkin over a blue doublet and blue trousers, he carries a wooden instrument case?"

Crocus looked up from the blue box "He passed through here." She looked down to her lap to see the blue box he had given her. It was, however, not there. She jumped up and shrieked, then she looked up to see if the young man was there. He was not. "Thief!!! A thief stole my box!!" 

A.N
Yeah, this one is really short. Thank you for reading this!! I just reached one hundred and thirty reads on this story!!! *Does a happy dance* Yeah, I get it, that's not all that much, but still!!!
                          -Adamae