Late

"Where is Master Skywalker?" Ahsoka asked Obi-Wan as they stood waiting in front of the hologram of one of General Grievous's bases in Florrum.

"I don't know. But it does seem to me as if Anakin has been late the past few weeks. I'll call him," Obi-Wan replied. He tapped a button on the comlink on his left arm.

(Back at Anakin and Padmé's apartment, not too far away from the Jedi Temple)

Anakin's comlink beeped. Anakin and Padmé were are sitting at their small dinner table in the two chairs. "It's Obi-Wan. I should probably go," Anakin told Padmé. Padmé gave him a look of disappointment. "Look, Padmé, I'm trying. Trust me when I say, I don't love you any less than being a Jedi. As I always say, being a--"

"--Jedi takes time and much responsibility," Padmé interrupted. Anakin always said that when he had to go in the middle of their time together. She knew he would say it. "I know." Padmé's gaze fell to the floor.

"I have to go, or Obi-Wan will come looking for me, or worse, send troops out to find me." He lifted her chin so that her eyes gazed into his, and he kissed her. "I love you. I'll be back before dinner tonight. You have my word."

She remained standing, not far away from the table, where her husband had kissed her and told her he'd be back before dinner. The words lingered in her head that he'd be back before dinner, to eat with her. It had been a long time since that had happened. She turned slowly back to the table and sat down alone, replaying Anakin's words over again in her head.

Back at the Temple, Ahsoka and Obi-Wan still stood waiting in the hologram room. Obi-Wan sent Anakin a signal again, that being the fifth signal he'd sent to him. Just then, Anakin walked down the stairs into the room. "Master. Snips." He nodded his head towards Obi-Wan and then Ahsoka as he spoke. "Sorry I'm late. So what's the news?"

"Oh, just a little base General Grievous is constructing," Obi-Wan explained.

"Great." Anakin rubbed his hands together. "Looks like we've got another mission to complete."

"Yes, it sure does." Obi-Wan stroked his beard.