Confessions

"Are you okay?" Anakin asked Padmé as they sat together on the couch. They watched the speeders fly by outside. Anakin had just gotten home after being out for a two weeks. They had been rough for Padmé.

"I'm fine."

"You're not."

"If you know, then why did you ask?"

"Padmé, what's wrong?"

She took a deep breath. "I had a dream a few nights ago."

"Okay?" he said anxiously.

"I'm working on it, Anakin." She breathed again. "It was about the kids. They were stolen in the middle of the night. It ended up to be Hazel who did it, and Obi-Wan was there. I claimed the twins as my own right in front of him, and then I started kissing you, and it was just weird. It's been haunting me ever since I had it."

"That won't happen. She's in prison, and this has been a secret for five years now. It's okay," Anakin told her reassuringly.

"I know. It's just hard to get out of my head."

"I know," he said, running his hand through her curls.

Luke and Leia had been working on walking lately, and it had been really exciting for Anakin and Padmé to watch as parents. The twins sat on the floor in front of the couch playing.

Leia crawled to the couch and lifted her arms up, asking to get up.

"Do you want to get up here with us?" Anakin asked her.

She smiled.

"Okay. Come here," he picked her up and sat her down on his legs.
"You know something, Leia? You're an adorable little princess." He looked over to Luke. "Hey, you too, Luke."

Luke whipped his head up, missing what his father said and only hearing his name.

Anakin and Padmé looked at each other and laughed. "I can't forget you, Padmé. You're adorable, too." He smiled at her as she played with a curly strand of hair.