Safe Haven

Anakin walked to the library as Ahsoka had instructed, and he found her in there, waiting at a computer eagerly.

"Hey. What do you need me for so urgently?"

"Master, Master, Master!"

"What?!"

"I found a new Separatist weapon! By myself!"

"What? Really?" He sat down at the computer next to her.

"Look. See, here it says, 'New Holoweapon'. And if I go to this here, it shows what it looks like. It's called the 'Holo-Wipeout Bomb Vol. 2.'"

"Whoa," Anakin said, looking at the picture of the thing. It was a slender, metal structure that must've been as tall as his apartment building. It looked like it could've been as heavy as the Zillo beast the Jedi took down a while ago. "That thing is giant."

"I know. We need to find a way to destroy it somehow, because this thing, I figured out, can take out up to 3,000,000 miles of land. This could kill thousands of people."

"Yeah, I know."

Ahsoka looked towards the door, where Obi-Wan rushed in, his robes flowing behind him. The evacuation alarm sounded.

"What's going on?"

"Anakin, Ahsoka, that new weapon that the Separatists own? They're planning an attack on us. Get in your ships and travel to an entire different planet, now!"

"Got it!" Ahsoka said. Obi-Wan jogged off. She turned to Anakin. "What about Padmé, Luke and Leia?"

"I'm going there now." He looked at her, straight in the eye. "Get yourself to safety, now! Only worry about two belongings: your lightsabers."

"Got it."

He ran off, sliding around corners down the hallways and running as fast as he could down steps.

When he got to his ship, he jumped in and flew off.

He arrived home, and parked near the balcony; it was the fastest way. He had sped through traffic, only taking a minute to get home.

Anakin ran in to where Padmé was.

"Anakin! Have you heard?"

"Yeah. Pack your things. I'll get the ship ready."

"Anakin, wait." She looked at him.

"What?"

"If we die, I just want you to know, I love you more than anything in the galaxy. I'd give anything up for you."

"You too, Padmé. I love you more than you love me." He leaned down and kissed her, and she held on for a minute. When she let go, she looked up at him.

"Hey, we're going to be okay," Anakin said, lifting her chin up.

She nodded, swallowing hard.

He kissed her cheek. "I'm gonna go start the ship," he said, jogging off I the balcony.

Padmé had Leia in her one arm, and she packed things in she and Anakin's suitcases. Luke was lying in his crib, crying. When was he ever not crying?

"T-shirt, robes, boots, undergarments, toiletries... what am I missing?" Padmé asked herself. Her own suitcase was open, but she only packed her toiletries in there, and nothing else. She was only worrying about Anakin's.

"Socks!" She ran over to his dresser and grabbed a few pairs of socks from his drawer.

"Okay, now mine." She rushed around, grabbing different stuff from all around her room. Padmé grabbed her comlink from her dresser and stuffed it in her suitcase, along with diapers and a few other things. In five minutes, she was finished packing, except for- "Food."

She laid Leia down in her crib and ran to the kitchen, taking a bag out and grabbing water, ten cans of baby food and bottles, silverware, and a whole bunch of food for her and Anakin. She packed the small blender and several other things from the kitchen. Now it was time for extra things.

She grabbed 3 blankets, four pillows, and the air mattress they had.

She ran to the balcony. "Ani! I have everything ready!" she called.

He ran inside with her, grabbing the suitcases and food. He took them out to the ship and came back for more stuff. When he had gotten everything, he stood next to Padmé under the doorway leading to their bedroom. He held Luke and Padmé held Leia.

"I'm going to miss this place," Anakin said.

"Me too," Padmé said, tears in her eyes.

He hugged her shoulders. "C'mon, let's go."

When they got in the ship, Padmé sat in the passenger's seat with both twins in her arms.

Anakin spun the pilot's seat around and sat down, grabbing the handles and taking off.

"What about my ship? And our bed and our room and the kitchen and our whole apartment?"

"It's okay, Padmé." Anakin side-glanced at her.

She sniffed, starting to cry. "Where are we going?"

"You'll see," he said, smiling.

An hour later, Padmé was asleep with Luke and Leia in her arms. She woke up a minute later due to a loud noise.

"What was that?"

"Nothing," Anakin said.

"Tell me."

"It was nothing! I have no idea what you're talking about."

It really wasn't anything. Padmé was just dreaming.

A hologram came up on the dashboard in front of them. It was Coruscant being videoed live.

The couple watched tall buildings explode and crash down. It came to their apartment, and in seconds, it blew up.

Padmé looked down, tears filling her eyes.

Anakin got up and crouched on the floor next to her. "Hey," he said calmly. "It's okay."

She looked at him sadly.

He stood up, rubbing her back briefly. He sat back in his chair, grabbing the handles, steering the ship.
"I have a surprise for you. Close your eyes."

Padmé closed her eyes, and suddenly realized that she had remembered her wedding ring. She was so glad about that.

Anakin's ship glided through the beautiful planet of Naboo, and landed near the water surrounding the balcony where they got married.

"Keep you're eyes closed." he said, taking the twins and putting then in a little play area. He led her out of the ship and onto the balcony, leading her exactly where the spot was where they had exchanged rings, vows and kisses. He held her hands, and stood across from her. "Open your eyes."

She gasped and looked around at everything surrounding them. Tears filled her eyes and ran down her cheeks. She looked at Anakin. "Anakin, I... I can't believe it. I... oh, Force, I love you to our burning apartment and back!"

She jumped up, locking her lips to his, and hanging from his neck. They stayed like that for a long time, rekindling old, precious memories.