Truly & Deeply

Padmé was dropped off by Bail Organa at her balcony. After small waves between them, Bail went on his way to his own apartment. Often, the two of them would 'carpool' so that there would be less traffic in the skies. It was a deal a group of Senators had made in order to create less traffic and pollution. She walked onto the balcony and into the house. Anakin ran to her, picking her up by the waist and lightly spinning her around. Her dress flowed, and he set her down carefully.

"I thought I'd never come home too see you," Padmé whispered, kissing him softly. She hung her arms from around his neck.

Ahsoka cleared her throat. "Well, I'll just be in the kitchen. Wow, I'm hungry," she said, emphasizing the last word.

Anakin looked around at her, Padmé's arms still around his neck. Padmé looked at Ahsoka, too.

"What? I am," she said, walking to the kitchen.

Anakin turned his head back around. "So," he said, holding the sides of Padmé's delicate face, looking into her eyes. "I'm guessing they kept you late."

"Yes, but I'm fine now. I'm just glad I don't have to go until tomorrow." She traced her finger down Anakin's scar over his right eye. "Numerous polls, exhausting votes and paperwork..."
She ran her fingers and hand through the back of Anakin's thick, brown hair and held her hand there.

Anakin reached his hand back and held her wrist, kissing her cheek.

"I'm so happy that we can get away with being together. I would be so lonely without you," Padmé said.
"And listen, Anakin... I know things are difficult right now, but they're going to get better. I love you. I truly, deeply, love you."

"I love you, too,"Anakin replied. He kissed her, and he remembered those words she said to him years ago, feeling like it was only yesterday.