A Padawan's Celebration

One and a half years later

Leia squealed as Anakin tickled her stomach. For one year and 7 months old, she had quite the amount of thick, light brown hair. It was usually up in two small, curly pigtails at both sides of her head.

"Ba-ba-ba-ba!" Leia made silly noises, trying to make her father laugh.

And Anakin did laugh. "You're silly, Lei."

"Ani, where's Luke?" Padmé walked into the living room with a basket of laundry in her arms.

Anakin looked up at her. "He's right here," he said, gesturing to the spot next to him. But Luke wasn't there.

"Anakin.."

"He was there a minute ago!" Just then, he spotted Luke crawling across the room towards the fireplace, which, thankfully, wasn't lit.

Anakin got up and scooped Luke up in his arms. "Come here," he said.

Padmé looked at Anakin's smiling face disapprovingly.

"What? He just crawled a few feet away! He's fine."

She rolled her eyes and walked farther into the living room, placing the laundry basket down on the couch cushion.

"Remember that today is Ahsoka's 20th birthday. Did you go pick up the gifts?"

Anakin frowned. "No."

"Well, can you please? I'm cooking her dinner and cake, so can you do that?"

"Sure. By when should I get it picked up?"

"Just go now so you don't forget."

Anakin was about to roll his eyes, when Padmé stopped him.

"Don't you dare roll your eyes at me. I don't need a sassy teenager added to two twin babies."

"I'm going," he said, walking to the door. He pulled on his cloak and opened the door.

"What are you missing, Ani?"

He looked at her.

She got up and walked over to him. "Do you really want Luke to call Obi-Wan or Master Yoda or someone?" Padmé gestured over to Luke, comlink in hand.

He ran over to Luke. "Thank you," he said, slipping the comlink out of his hands. He placed it on his left arm where it belonged. "Okay, now I'm going."

He met Padmé at the door again, leaning down and kissing her cheek.

"Hey, Anakin," she said softly, holding his arm where it was, behind her neck.

"Hmm?" He looked down at her.

"I'm sorry for my attitude today. I'm just... not in a good mood."

"It's okay. We always are going to have days like these, remember?"

He kissed her cheek again, slowly. "Dex's Diner for the gift, right?"

"No."

Anakin smiled at her. "I'm just joking. I know where I'm going for the gift."

"Good. I love you, and be careful, okay?"

"I will. I love you, too, Padmé."

He smiled at her and turned away, walking out the door. Once he was out the door, he pulled his hood over his head and jumped in his starfighter to go pick up Ahsoka's gifts.

***********************************

Anakin got back holding several boxes in his arms, closing the front door with his foot. He placed the gifts down on the couch, where a bunch of folded laundry laid.