The Chosen One

Anakin walked around the apartment, thinking. He was thinking about all of the things he had to deal with. When you're married to someone, most of your choices have to involve your spouse. How was he going to tell Padmé he would be gone for a week and a half away on Florrum again? What about his meditative retreat being a whole year away? And how about him having to send her out to get more pain medicine for his injury? He felt bad doing that, but he had no choice. He didn't know where to get the medicine. Only she knew where to get the 'special' kind is what she always called it. She probably just got it at the regular shop.

Anakin thought back to the time he went to the place called Mortis, and how he had these visions of a black-masked figure and Padmé suffering. He had no idea what they meant. But he never had to be reminded that he was the so-called 'Chosen One'.

Even though he hated that concept at first, he was beginning to think that it was a real thing. After all, he was the one Jedi who everyone wanted to see most... but he also hated that, too. He hated the fame. That's why he denied over and over that he was the Chosen One. He thought the concept was just an old myth. But even Obi-Wan had started to believe it. Anakin's master was very wise; not quick to judge or do. He walked outside onto the balcony coming off of the living room, pacing, with his one arm crossed and the other holding his chin. He was deep in thought, even when Ahsoka walked down the stairs and into the living room.

She walked onto the balcony slowly. "Are you still mad at me, Master?"

"What?" He looked around at her, taking his hand down from his chin.
"I'm not mad at you."

She opened her mouth to argue back, but then closed it again. She didn't want him to be even more agitated.
She walked closer. "What are you doing?" he asked, curiously.

"Nothing. Just... waiting. I was waiting for you to come! Yeah! I was... bored."

Ahsoka looked at her Master at a side-glance, raising her eyebrows. "Thanks?"

He turned around from looking out at the sky. "You know what? Let's go inside. It's hot out here."

"The suns aren't shining, Master..."

"Let's go," he said.

They walked back inside, Anakin determined to get Ahsoka off of the subject. He was sort of embarrassed about her walking on him thinking.

They sat down on the couch and she looked at him, confused. "What's going on?" he asked.

"What do you mean?"

"Look, Im sorry for abusing the Force and everything, I just-"

"Oh, so you were!" he said, finally moving on to a different subject.

"Why were you so mad about it?"

"You know not to. I've told you before."

"What? You know what, I bet you do it sometimes, too. Not every Jedi is perfect, Master!"

Anakin rose from his seat on the couch. "You've been very disrespectful lately, Snips. Even though we always joke around doesn't mean you talk to me like I'm your Padawan!"

"What?! I never do!"

"Why would I say that if it wasn't true?" Anakin said, determined to find the answer.

Ahsoka lowered her eyes and eyebrows. "I don't know," she said quietly.

Anakin leaned against the couch. "I'm sorry for yelling. There was no reason to," Anakin said quietly.

Ahsoka raised her head to look at him, his head down, looking at his feet, leaning against the arm of the couch. "It's alright. I forgive you, Master."

He looked down at her, giving her a small smile. "You too, Ahsoka."