New Report

The next day, Anakin drove home in a good mood. There was a new Jedi that had been Saesee Tiin's padawan for a while. She needed a lot of training, so she was 20 years old, just becoming a Jedi Knight. Her name was Hazel Dessen, and she was very friendly and easy to get along with.

He propped the wing of his starfighter on the edge of the balcony and stepped out. It was about 10:00 at night, and the temperature outside was cold. Padmé greeted him in the living room.

Once Anakin reached Padmé, they kissed each other. "3 months and 25 days."

She rolled her eyes."Hi to you too. Running a little late tonight?" Padmé asked.

Anakin hesitated. "Not really. You're just forgetting what it's like when I come home. It's usually around this time or later."

"Ah," Padmé remarked, walking her fingers up his arm, stopping at his shoulder. "Anything new to report?"

"Master Tiin's padawan just was elevated to a Jedi Knight."

"Girl or a boy?"

"Girl. You know, she's almost the same age as I am."

"Is she pleasant?"

"Yeah, she's pretty easy to get along with. Laid back," he said.

"That's not too good. For a Jedi, at least."

Anakin shrugged his shoulders.

"Have you eaten anything today?" Padmé asked him.

"I love you," he tried to distract her. He tried to kiss her, but she leaned away, so it looked like he kissed the air.

"Don't try to distract me, Anakin. I'm guessing that's a no, then?"

He did his usual nervous thing, his hand behind his neck. "No..."

"Anakin, you're a full-grown man who needs his energy. How many times do I have to tell you, eat! It's important."

"Yeah, I kn-"

"No you don't, because if you did you would do as I say. Why don't you eat? Are you afraid you'll be made fun of by other Jedi carrying your lunch bag or taking a small break to eat?"

"No! It's just..I don't have time."

"Oh, don't tell me that, Anakin. That's a lie. Just please, eat. I'm starting to get worried. Okay?"

"Yeah, got it," he said, his eyes falling towards the floor.

Padmé lifted his chin. "Let's go lay down."

He nodded, and they walked together to their bedroom, which now had a crib in it on the opposite wall across from their bed.