Birthday Surprise

"What are you doing?" Anakin asked Padmé when he walked into their room. She quickly shut his closet and held her arms behind her back.

She smiled. "Hi!" She hugged him and without him knowing, tossed something to Ahsoka, who walked farther in the room to Anakin's closet.

He turned his head to look around, but she took his face in her hands and started kissing him.

Ahsoka quietly opened his closet and pulled a new set of tools that he had been wanting, and took it out of the room to wrap.

Padmé slowly let go of him to make it more believable. "Happy Birthday."

"Thanks." He furrowed his eyebrows. "Are you sure nothing's wrong?"

"Of course, I'm sure. Why do you ask?"

He shrugged.

"So, how does it feel to be 24?"

"You always ask people that on their birthdays. It doesn't feel any different."

Padmé laughed. "Yeah, I guess not."

"I already know what I'm doing for you on your birthday."

"Oh?"

"Yeah. You'll love it. Ahsoka, the twins and I have been planning it."

"I'm sure it'll be great."

There was a knock on the door. "Quick, hide," Padmé told him, and he hid in the usual place:the corner nearest to his side of the bed up between two walls. he always jumped up there. No one ever looked.

Padmé walked to the door and opened it. "Master Kenobi! How nice to see you! Come in." She beckoned him to come inside.

"No, no, I'm quite alright out here, actually. Someone told me that I could find Anakin here."

Padmé's mouth dropped open, but she closed it right away. "Uh...um...you know what, if you could just wait right here for a second."

She cracked the front door and ran to her room to Anakin. "Anakin. Obi-Wan's here. He said someone told him to find you here."

"What? Who would know?" he jumped down from the corner.

"I don't know. Just...come on."

"You're going to let this secret out? But Padmé-"

She walked out to the living room, with Anakin following her. "Wait, Padmé." He took her arm and spun her around to face him.

"Ani, I can't lie to Obi-Wan. He's such a good man, and he doesn't deserve to be lied to." She had tears in her eyes, and she placed her hands on his chest.

He stared at her, and finally his face softened. He looked at the floor. "I know."

They started arguing again, and Obi-Wan walked in. "Senator Amidala, what's going-"

He saw how Padmé placed her hands on Anakin's chest, the way they gestured to each other, the way they argued...he saw it all.

"Anakin," Obi-Wan said, ashamed.
"Why are you here?" he asked, even though he knew the real reason.

"Master, it's not what it looks like-"

Obi-Wan held up a hand. "But it is. I'm sorry, Anakin. I have to report you. You have gone against the Jedi Order majorly, and-" He started to walked towards the door.

Anakin rushed forward and grabbed his Master's arm. "No. I won't let you."

Obi-Wan looked at Anakin curiously. Was there more to it?

"Ahsoka," Anakin called. "Come here."

She emerged from her bedroom with two twins that Obi-Wan had never seen before, but looked a lot like Anakin and Padmé.

"Ahsoka? You too?"

"I'm sorry, Master Kenobi. I'd do anything for this family. I love them. I'm not afraid to say it, either."

Obi-Wan scanned the Skywalkers. He couldn't see this family broken apart.
"Anakin." He looked at him. "Your family is so strong. You've done well."

Anakin, surprised at this, said, "What?"

"You heard what I said." He looked at the twins. "My, my, look at the two. They look just like their mother and father." He turned to Anakin. "Anakin, now that I see what you have done...I'm extremely impressed. You chose a very remarkable woman. And your children...very charming little tykes, I must say."

Padmé smiled widely. "Thank you, Master Kenobi." She ran to him and hugged him.

"Of course, Senator. Now that I see...I change my mind. Anakin, you have been late, but you've managed to get all of your work done, and at the same time, having a family."

"Please don't let this secret out, Master. I'll do anything."

"I won't. But you're going to have to keep working hard. The Republic cannot lose you."

Anakin and Padmé looked at each other, smiling.

"I'll see you around, Skywalkers. Oh, and by the way, 'the person that told me that I could find you here'. That was me."

"I figured," Padmé said.

Obi-Wan waved and closed the door.

Anakin and Padmé looked at each other, and Padmé screamed with joy. She ran to Anakin. "I love you, I love you, I love you," she cried into his chest.

"I love you, too." He smiled widely and hugged her tightly. "What do we do now?"

"Celebrate! Your birthday and our secret!"

The Skywalkers and the Tano walked off to the couch to celebrate.