Soft Voice

"There you go. We got what we wanted," Padmé joked weakly.

"You know, at this point, it doesn't matter whether they're girls or boys...as long as it's healthy," Anakin said, kissing her hand. "Hey, by the way, I love your ring."

"Thank you."

They sat on the couch with Luke cradled in Padmé's arms and Leia cradled in Anakin's. They were sleeping softly in their parent's arms. The arm that wasn't holding Leia, Anakin wrapped around Padmé. They talked quietly.

"Anakin."

"Yeah?" He looked up at her from watching Leia sleep.

"Do you think... the Order will find out about this?"

He turned his head to look at the crackling fire that he had set up in their fireplace in front of them.
After a while, he spoke, still staring at the fire.

"I can prevent that."

Padmé continued to look at him curiously. She sighed. " I hope not. I love our family."

He inhaled deeply, looking at her. "Padmé, nothing would happen to our family if they found out."

She looked down at Luke and stayed silent.

Anakin lightly massaged her shoulder. "What are you thinking about?"

Padmé stared at him, her eyes filled with tears. "I don't want them to find out."

"They won't," he said calmly.

Luke woke up and started to cry.

"Switch?" Anakin asked her.

Padmé nodded, taking Leia in her arms gingerly, and handing the screaming Luke to Anakin.

"Luke," Anakin said, but in his normal voice, which was tough and deep.

He cried even more.

"Ani, try talking to him in a softer voice," Padmé suggested.

"Like this?" Anakin said sarcastically, in a screechy voice, the same voice he used to imitate Padmé or Ahsoka.

Padmé smiled. "Whatever. You know what I mean."

"Luke," he tried out, in a softer tone.

"That's better."

"Luke, look at me. I'm right here, everything's okay."

Luke saw Anakin's smiling face and his face softened a little.

"See?" Anakin said to Padmé, but again, in the voice he normally used.

Luke started screaming and crying again.

"Oh great, so it's gonna be like this every time I talk normal?"

Luke cried even more.

"Here, let me try," Padmé said, handing Leia to Anakin and stretching her arms out for Luke.

"C'mere Lukey," she said softly. "Aww, you want Mommy? Daddy gets angry easily, doesn't he? Yeah." Luke smiled.

Anakin rolled his eyes. Now Leia was awake. She opened her eyes slowly and cooed.

"Hey, Princess," he said. He turned to Padmé. "She doesn't mind my voice."

"Ani, they're babies. Luke is bound to be scared of your voice. You just never realize how deep and hard your voice is, because it's your own."

"Explain why Leia's fine with it, then," Anakin said competitively.

"Because she's Daddy's little girl."

"Did you hear that, Leia? You're my special little girl." He kissed her forehead.

"It's strange," Padmé said. "You haven't gotten any calls tonight."

Anakin smirked. "Yeah, don't jinx it."

Ahsoka knocked on the door; she couldn't open it because Anakin always insisted on it being locked at all times.

He got up from the couch with Leia in his arms, and he walked to the door, opening it.

The first thing Ahsoka did was greet Leia, she didn't even greet her Master.

"Leia! Awww, hi, baby!" Ahsoka took her hood off and leaned forward, kissing Leia on the forehead.

"Well, hello to you," Anakin said, closing the door behind Ahsoka.

"Nobody likes you when there're babies around, Master," Ahsoka said without looking at him.

Anakin's jaw dropped.

"Yes, she just said that, Anakin," Padmé said, laughing.

Ahsoka walked over to Padmé and Luke. "Hey, Lukey!"

Leia smiled up at Anakin, who was still taken aback.

"Hey, Ahsoka. Want to hold Leia while I set up the other crib?"

"Sure! Wait, what have you been doing the whole other time that you didn't have it?"

"Well...one of them would sleep in the bed with us while the other slept in the crib. Yeah, it's been rough."

Ahsoka laughed.

He grabbed the disassembled crib in it's package that was propped up against the wall near the fireplace.

"Okay, time to get started on this crib. Maybe it would've helped if we knew we were going to have twins." Anakin said. "At the same time, I'm glad we didn't know. It was an awesome surprise."