Chapter 4

I paused to look at the man before me. His face was dull, no emotions. Only boredom. He was standing in a corner rummaging through his chest looking for something.

He was a lot taller than I would've possibly imagined. Even though I guess I didn't have an image in my head of what he would look like.

I took another step forward and the chamber closed behind me. This was enough to make him turn in my direction.

Every muscle in my body tensed in his movement. Curiosity left my eyes glued to him.

Everything in him changed when he saw me. I noticed as his emerald green eyes went wide when he looked at me.

"(Y/n)?" he asked in a soft voice. One that I wouldn't expect from someone like him.

Not from someone that was sentenced to life in prison.

My feet were in cement when he walked a little closer to where I was standing. Nothing but a half a wall separating me from him.

"(Y/n) please tell me your real," he pleaded, "Tell me I am not going insane."

I searched for any words to say to him. All I needed was something to come to my mind but as I heard him plead to me, in hopes that I won't confirm his insanity has started. I could think of nothing.

His presence wasn't enough to bring back my memories. However I remembered what Technoblade told me to say.

"The Book of Revival has been used," I paused for a second to let him gather all the information I was saying. "Technoblade has me held in a dungeon and won't release me until you lift his debt."

He ignored everything I said.

"(Y/n) I get it, you are mad about what I did but you need to understand your death broke me. The last piece of good in me shattered the day I had to see your body lying there," the man in front of me took his time in pulling himself together. "So please, for a second stop looking at me like you don't even recognize me."

My mind didn't let me imagine his reaction to my lifeless body or what it could've done to him.

"I don't recognize you nor do I myself. Which is the reason I am here. I need you to tell me who I am."

It seemed he was also unaware of the repercussions of the book that brought me back to life.

"Is that all you want?"

It wasn't just something I wanted, it was something I needed. I needed to be able to look in the mirror and know the person staring back at me.

"After I get my memories back, I need you to drop Technoblade's debt."

He walked closer to the wall, gripping his hands on the edge. He leaned forward. "No."

"Why?" I questioned sounding a bit more hurt than I wanted to.

"The only thing keeping him from even putting a finger on you is because he wants his debt lifted. Once I do that he will kill you again."

My chest tightened and I had to put my hand on top to stop the pain I was feeling. The pig masked man was the one that killed me in my other life and later I would have to return to him. The thought made me sick.

Yet this information once again, sparked so many more questions.

"You would rather me locked up in some kind of cell than for me to be free. Are you so unbelievably selfish that you have to subject me to the same punishment you were given?"

This man could've proclaimed he loved me but it didn't mean a thing. I shook off any feeling that made me feel differently.

"I don't claim to be an honest, good man. Call me selfish, it doesn't affect me in the slightest because you are saying it. Say the most hurtful words you can think of and my only thought will be 'damn I get to hear her voice again'."

I didn't understand him in the slightest. His 'tough' guy act was just a facade from who he really was.

I took a step forward, in an attempt to show him that I wasn't afraid of him because as much as it was would have been normal for me to fear him, I didn't.

"Take a good look then because I will never visit you again."

He shook it off as if he thought I was lying to him. "Enlighten me sweetheart. I want to know who will help you remember yourself, if it isn't me."

I took another step forward so now my face was only a half a foot from his and I didn't want it to be any closer. "I'll ask my captor. I'll listen to his poisoned thoughts on what kind of man you really are. Now think about that, the only thing you love comes to hate you."

This was it. Everything was dependent on my trust that what Technoblade told me was true. If he really loved me.

He smiled. Out of all the reactions playing in my mind, this wasn't one I was even considering.

"You don't even know how much I missed that fire you had," he smiled once more. "I will make a deal with you. You visit me every day and I will tell you anything you would like to know and by the end of it I will drop Techno's debt."

A part of me relaxed knowing that he was going to be complacent. Another part of me didn't understand his agreement.

"What do you get out of it?" My curiosity always gets the better of me.

"I will be able to sleep at night knowing that I won't ever have to go a day without you again," he answered my question without hesitation.

"Is that enough for you?"

"More than enough."

I didn't know what walking in here would be like. I didn't know what he would be like.

I didn't know I would feel such a desire to feel his touch.

I wanted to know if his skin would burn from the fire in his soul or freeze reflecting his intentions in his heart.

As he reached his hand out for me to shake it, I decided I didn't want to know just yet.

"That isn't necessary, it is a deal."

As I walked out of the chamber I could almost hear the echo of his laugh filling his room and him mumbling 'somethings just don't change'.