Chapter 13

"Techno is going to bring Tommy back." I informed him. Whether he chose it or not, other people were going to be involved so it might as well be the people he chooses.

"Tell him to visit me," Dream said coldly. His eyes glazed over with cold rage filling them, picturing the many ways he would end his life.

When Tommy expressed that Dream made his life a living hell after I died, I didn't doubt it. I am surprised he is even alive. I am sure that Dream intended to make him want to die before he even got the chance to.

I have blocked my mind for the reasons that people feared him because I never did

"In two days, I can have it set up if you can promise me something."

My shoulders relaxed at the sound of his cooperation. "What?"

"Can you come back to me? When you get all your memories back, come back and let me be the one to explain why I am in here."

I didn't think that would be difficult to do, but I know the words that were left unsaid. The part where he is going to convince me to give him a second chance, to move on from the things he did while I laid dead. Something he knew I couldn't promise.

It was kind of depressing that both of our deals revolved around the promise that I would return to him, maybe it was his fear that controlled it. The one where I would abandon him. It almost made me feel bad for threatening to never return because I can only imagine how hard those words hit him.

"It's a deal," I simply stated. I could do that and it almost seemed too easy.

He didn't bother to say anything else and just stood there staring at me with desire that I had to look away from. I would never tell him about the effect he had on me, just another thing left unsaid

I soaked the silence for a little until he broke it.

"Wall down?" Dream quieres while looking towards the absent wall. Even with it down he stayed on the other side of it.

"I decided that a possible outcome would be me fighting you."

Dream laughed and it was the kind that you had to smile while hearing. "You wouldn't even dent me, sweetheart."

He admired me, once again. "Dance with me (Y/n)."

Now it was my turn to laugh. The sentence was completely random. However Dream walked over to my chair and held his hand out for me to take, crossing the invisible line.

"I don't know how to dance," I stated.

My hand went into his and then the other.

He pulled me up. "Humor me then."

Dream brought me towards the middle of the prison cell.

"There isn't any music." I told him stating the obvious.

I didn't want a mockery to be made out of me so I glanced looking for any security camera. Sam seemed like a respectable guy but I wouldn't doubt it if he laughed at my horrendous dance moves.

Dream moved my hands from his hands to his shoulders and my focus was moved back to the man in front of me. He ignored my complaints and worries and began to move with me wrapped around him and his around my waist.

I have never been this close to him and it gave me a chance to admire his handsome features. His nose had splatters of freckles on it that gave his face a splash of innocence. However my eyes moved towards his mouth and any thought of innocence soon disappeared. I wonder how many times his lips met my own. 

He coughed slightly to get my attention. I felt the heat flash to my cheeks and I looked away from him, continuing to shift my feet as the invisible beat of the music.

I didn't realize dancing to no music could get even more embarrassing.

"What are you thinking about?" Dream asked like he didn't just see where my gaze resided.

You. Always you. My countless nights I spent awake,  my mind always went back to him.

"How stupid we look." I answered.

Dream smiled and proceeded to twirl me around until I came back to him. I was surprised by the surge of energy that made my body able to perform it.

"Then why are you still doing it?" Dream asked with curiosity. I think it was due to the arms wrapped around my waist, holding me. I felt safe.

I didn't answer him and instead leaned my head into his chest. Sometimes the words need to be left unsaid.

My ear was so close to his heart, that I heard it skip a beat when I brought him closer.

I danced to it. The sound of his heart was the most beautiful music of all.

Tommy couldn't tell me anything else that would make me doubt Dream's intentions, I knew that now and I feel like a fool for doubting him. Whether it was jealousy that rotted him to try and manipulate me to doubt him, I didn't know.

I shook off all the negative thoughts to come back to reality, the good part of it.

We couldn't dance forever and he would have to let go of me, something I wasn't quite ready for. I didn't think he was either as he continued to hold me.

As Dream's feet changed position, he dipped me. His face only inches from my own.

I couldn't look at his lips so my eyes rested on his own. The green, reminding me of every breathtaking aspect of nature. I smiled as it was a reminder of the happiness I always felt on my walk to the prison, where for once I got to be outside and see life as something nonhuman.

I wonder how long it has been since Dream has even seen the sky.

My eyes wandered back to his mouth, whether I wanted them to or not. It was so perfectly shaped that I wanted to see how it fit my own lips. I wanted to know what he tasted like.

Before I could work up the courage to find out, he positioned me back to stand and it was over.

"Will the wall be down again tomorrow?"

"I'll think about it," I sheepishly responded and with that, I left the room having my palm hit my forehead at my stupidity.