Chapter 10

I didn't want to leave the prison and enter my own. My time at Dream's cell was comforting and hopeful but as soon as I return to my dead, dark cell, I know my spirits will be crushed.

However this morning at Techno's was strange, things were slightly different and as someone who has nothing better to do than notice the little things, I could tell.

It started with a heavy amount of pacing up and down the room, like he was anxious about something. The next thing was the door being slammed open and closed one too many times. The last thing was that Techno missed the usual time he would give me my food.

Every day was the same. From the routine to the food I received, it was all the same.

Except today was different.

I suddenly heard the shuffling of two sets of feet instead of the usual two. My mind drifted to who the other pair could belong to.

Techno didn't seem like the type to have friends or family but maybe I was wrong.

The floor separating me to them wasn't necessarily thick but it wasn't thin enough for me to eavesdrop in their conversation.

I fiddled with my ring, which still stayed resting on my finger. It was probably stupid to keep it on especially on my ring finger. But as I admired the diamond that shined bright enough for me to see it glare in the darkness, I kept it on.

That ring represented more than my previous marriage. It gave me hope.

It made me not want to give up on myself because it was a reminder I had a life, one that is worth remembering.

I shivered as the room dropped degrees and I couldn't help but wish for the comfort of Dream's skin on my own. My body temperature has always been stagnant on a freezing temperature ever since I came back to life.

For those moments he touched my hand, I felt alive again.

It's naive for me to believe he is a good guy. He is in prison for the rest of his life because of the sole purpose that he isn't a good guy. Because no one saw any sort of redemption in him.

But as much as I hate it, I do. I see the guy he hides from the rest of the world and that guy does deserve a second chance, but again what do I really know about him.

For whatever reason I change him for the better.

'Because you are the only thing in this world he loves,' Technoblade once told me and I feel it. I feel his love for me every second he looks at me.

The sound of shattering glass interrupted my thoughts and my attention was once again focused on the commotion of upstairs.

I couldn't guess if it was the guest or Techno that did it.

I waited a few more minutes for something else to happen, but it didn't. I sat back against the wall in defeat.

The worst part was that I couldn't even guess who it was. I highly doubt it was Sam and it definitely wasn't Dream. Which leaves me with nothing.

It was an hour until I heard the sound of the door opening and saw the sunlight seeping through the cracks, I perked up and waited.

I watched as only Technoblade came down the stairs and arrived in front of my cell. I was slightly disappointed he didn't leave a hint of who was upstairs.

"I have a surprise for you (Y/n)," he told me in his usual monotone voice.

I crossed my arms, anticipating his next move would be bringing his guest, which I was more than pleased to here.

"I figured that we might as well have two people involved in helping you with your memory because then you can get...," he waited for the right words to come to him, "both perspectives."

I didn't understand what he was exactly getting at. Both perspectives of what?

"Get to it, I can barely wait," I said with sarcasm and an unamused facial expression.

Technoblade crouched down and said in a quiet, chilling voice, "I may not be able to kill you (Y/n) but there are other ways of torture I can do without even touching you."

My throat was suddenly dry. I suddenly regretted my outburst from the other day, but I decided to shake it off and suck it up.

Whatever he has planned, I am going to promise myself it won't break me.

"Come down," he yelled at the person upstairs.

I watched carefully as the new man walked down. I studied everything from his hair to his height. I don't understand how effective this 'torture' will be if I don't even know how this is supposed to hurt me.

The boy stopped and could barely look at me in the eye and for the second he did, I remembered.

My nightmare contained very few things besides Techno and the arrow but I recognize that face. He was there the day I died and he watched as I took my last breath.

I barely remembered his presence in the vision but now it was as clear as day.

I put my hand on my chest that ached with pain once again, the kind that I felt the day I died. My life ended with these two men at the hands of it and now once again I am stuck in the same room with them.

I didn't need to know him to hate him.

"Hey (Y/n), It's Tommy."

HAHHA y'all knew it was time!! :)))