Chapter 11

I debated my next move, the next (Y/n) that I would have to pretend to be. What character do I have to play to win Techno's game?

His face was pale, not in a natural sense but like he was sick. I glanced over to his hand that couldn't hold steady, he seemed nervous. He didn't look at me with hate but rather sorrow.

"Why were you there? The day I died," I asked out of curiosity as it didn't seem like he wanted me dead.

Tommy glanced at Techno like he was waiting for him to leave the room, but Techno only ignored him and continued to stare at me.

"I-I didn't think you had your memories," Tommy stuttered out surprised by my knowledge of him in the room.

I rolled my eyes at his inability to just answer my question. I guess I was going to play a bitch today.

I smiled at him with cynical intent. "I bet you wish I did."

I didn't understand the purpose of Techno bringing him to me, there had to be something I was missing.

Tommy didn't look at my eyes, instead focused on his dirty, brown shoes and it made me want to scream. I want him to look at my eyes clouded with confusion everytime someone mentions a piece of my history that I unsurprisingly didn't know. I want him to just for a second own up to being a part of the reason I am like this. Broken.

"I have made my mistakes (Y/n) and believe me I have suffered because of it. Your 'husband' made sure of it," Tommy took a second to collect himself from his outburst, "Dream is a sick and twisted man. I am sure he has sugar coated every word of the false story he is telling you."

He says mistakes like he accidentally forgot to turn off the oven, he had a part of my death and now can't say a word to save his ass.

As for the thing he was telling me about Dream, I didn't know, but I shook it off because why would I trust a guy like Tommy.

"Tell me why you were there and then I will listen," I demanded for the only answer I wanted from this conversation.

He took a second to gather himself. "Tubbo, our friend, was going to be assassinated at a festival. Technoblade was hired by Schlatt to kill him. However Techno came to me with a deal. He desired your death more than Tubbo, so he promised me if I led him to you then he wouldn't hurt Tubbo."

I tried to comprehend the new names he was saying. I kept a mental note to ask Dream about them.

Tommy continued, "The first plan was sending you a letter talking about how I wanted to apologize and asking to meet up where Techno would arrive. When that failed that is when I led him to the room you were in."

I shook my head at the answer. It was a life for a life. To Techno I died out of convenience and to Tommy I died because I wasn't important enough to him.

"So tell me exactly why I should trust you over Dream?" I scoffed.

"You don't need to trust me. Ask Dream yourself."

I crossed my arms over my chest. "Ask him what exactly?"

"I want you to ask him for the real story of who you loved and how he forced you to end it."

I loved someone else? Who? My head began to hurt.

"Then when he finally owns up to it I want you to ask him why," Tommy said sharply.

"Why what?" I asked out of severe curiosity.

Tommy looked towards me with his large, blue eyes.

"Why he hasn't helped you with your memories when he knows a way for you to remember everything."

My stomach dropped and my heart beated faster.

I was taken aback by what Tommy told me. It didn't make sense if it was the truth. Isn't Dream the one person that would do anything for my memories back?

"Th-that doesn't make any sense, you are lying." I said as I couldn't piece any of this together. My life was a puzzle that didn't quite piece together.

"Think (Y/n), he is one of the most powerful people that has ever stepped foot in this world. Dream knows and he has been playing with you because he is a manipulative bastard that has nothing else to do with his life."

I understood how this was torture, it was worse than I could've imagined.The only person I have ever trusted turns out to be untrustworthy.

Maybe I was the game that was being played and the winner was the one that made me broken beyond repair.

Seemed like it could be a three way tie.

I told them both to leave. I was going to find out from Dream himself.

* * *

I walked in the building with nothing but focus. I was going to hear the truth of everything and I was going to wait until Dream told me it. This time I told Sam for the wall down, not because I trusted him but because I wanted to be able to hurt him if everything Tommy told me was true.

He would deserve it if he made me suffer all this time when he had a solution, a real solution.

I arrived at his cell and before he could even say a word about the wall being down I asked him, "I got a visit from Tommy, care to explain why he thinks you have been lying to me."

He nodded his head softly and looked at me. I heard as he took in a deep breath.

"I will tell you the truth, all of it."