Chapter 5

It wasn't long until I was back in my cell.

On my way back I told Techno about Dream's deal and he seemed complacent besides the fact that he will have to escort me every day.

I failed to mention to him that I know he was the one who killed me. For some reason I wanted him to be the one to tell me.

I wanted him to describe how he looked at my hopeless face and watched as I closed my eyes knowing what will happen next.

I want to ask him if he believes I deserved it or if in the end it was all worth it.

Maybe once I understand his mind I will earn the right to understand my own.

I replayed the conversation with Dream over and over again in my head until the words didn't sound like English.

More than enough. He answered and I believe him. I scanned every inch of his face searching for any deceiving quality. I couldn't find any.

In a way I needed to believe his word because he was the one who was going to tell me who I was and if he wasn't a credible source I think I would be even more lost than I am now.

I desired to know who my friends were or my enemies. If I had any hopes or nightmares. I wanted to know the good qualities and the bad.

All I needed was one thing to click to bring everything back.

I didn't sleep that night nor was I planning on anytime soon.

* * *

As the morning approached, I heard faint sounds of birds chirping like they were informing me it was time to wake up. Not that I needed the nature alarm clock anyways because I was wide awake.

It was almost calming in a way. Every sense I have feels heightened. So the sound of birds chirping tickled my ear drums in a way that hasn't happened in a long time.

My body still was learning a way to get back to normal. Every sound, taste and sight is more noticeable than usual.

I watched as Technoblade came down the stairs and plopped some sort of soup for my breakfast which was a strange choice.

"Don't even think about complaining or you will have no food at all," he scolded before I even had a chance to say anything.

"Look at me. I need protein," I made an effort to show my legs that were deficit of all muscle.

I can only imagine what the rest of my body looked like.

"Dream wouldn't like it if I starved to death, now would he." I added. Fully aware that he would only care about my well being if it had personal gain to himself.

He only yelled, "Be ready in twenty minutes."

Leaving me with the plain soup he laid in front of me. I grabbed the silver spoon and slowly sipped the contents of the bowl, pouting like a child that didn't get their way.

Twenty minutes later we were on the path again. I soaked all the fresh air and the sun on our way there.

Something about being outside made me elated, maybe it was due to the fact that I now live in a cell.

It wasn't long until we reached the familiar prison and I was left with Sam going over the identical procedure.

Sam didn't express any sign of surprise when he saw me return the next day.

I still told him I wanted the wall up because Dream still made me somewhat uneasy.

I have come to realize that saying his name in my head is a lot easier to do than out loud, acting as a word from a foreign language.

It wasn't long until I reached his cell and was welcomed with a bright smile placed on his face. He was glowing with happiness and my only response was a disgusted look back at him.

Like last time the chamber behind me closed concealing me with the man in front of me.

"I don't have much time today," I informed him, breaking the silence.

To be fair it was only a half lie, it was more of an assumption.

Dream smiled like he did when he first saw me moments ago. "You act like I would be ungrateful for ten minutes with you. I am grateful for every second."

I didn't understand why he insisted on the sappy words as they didn't mean anything to me. It was like he was choosing to ignore the fact that I have no idea who he is.

"I will ask you questions and you will give me the honest answer. No bullshit," I stated with an unforgiving tone in my voice. My vocal cords have finally come accustomed to being in use.

He seemed to not care much about it and only nodded slightly.

"Okay good. How did we meet?"

Dream laughed. "I wish that question was as simplistic as the question itself."

Me and him both. I moved over to a chair that was seated in a corner and sat down. I figured Sam put it there for me as it wasn't present yesterday.

"Well the country you currently resided at the time was called L'Manburg and it was made as a rebellion against me and my government. Despite the sad attempts at success it wasn't looking like a positive outcome for L'Manburg. So Wilbur, the leader, made a deal with me that stated if one of his citizens were to marry me as a sign of peace then we would have an alliance."

Each sentence he spoke was absorbed by my brain and as I processed, I realized he never answered my initial question.

"How does this have anything to do with me meeting you?" I questioned.

Dream's eyes fell to the ground, unable to keep the consistent amount of eye contact we had before.

The words he mumbled sent my heart on overdrive.

'You were the one that married me' is what he shared with me.