17. Bonding

-Warning; Alcohol- 

You watch the campus from the rooftop, feeling like you're watching a movie. Everything feels so far away. Why do I feel like this? We didn't break up, we haven't even started to date... WHY was he judging me? I can do what I want! HE was making out with another girl first...What's his problem huh!?! Angrily, you walk to the vending machines to get a soda but forgot you didn't bring any cash. You punch the machine in frustration and mutter swearwords.

"Here I'll pay, what do you want?" Not really recognizing the voice, you look up and see that it's Izuki. A taint of blush appears on your cheeks and you bite your lower lip.

"Owe, thanks" you point at your favorite soda, and he gets it for you.

"You look like you need a walk, want to join me on mine?" he asks and smiles gently.

"Sure".

The two of you walk out of the building and out on the yard. In the corner of your eye, you can see Aomines team sitting with a bunch of girls, and Aomine flirting with one of them. Great... Izuki notices your mood and looks at you with worry in his eyes.

"Y/n, do you want to go to the mall or something? We can go and buy some cupcakes and bring them back to the team?" he asks and you turn to look at him and meet his shy smile.

"Yeah, that sounds good!" you smile brightly. Receiving piercing looks from your jealous watchers. Serin always made you happy. You walk with Izuki, and you can see piercing eyes at you, but you ignore it. I don't care who's watching... After ten minutes of walking in silence, Izuki finally speaks up.

"So, why did you come here to Tokyo of all places? " He asks.

"Well, it's always been a dream to study here, and well I kind of got a scholarship to studies here" you blush.

"WOw, that's amazing, I don't know you were good in academics too?" He looks at you with amazed eyes. You blush and smile. He makes you feel a bit better. The two of you get to the mall, and go to a small café that has a lot of desserts. It all looks so delicious. Izuki orders a bunch of different flavors and two milkshakes, and hands you one. After receiving the cupcakes the two of you head back towards Campus. Happily chatting with Izuki, you meet Kise and Kasamatsu. You try to ignore them, but Kise blocks you. Let me be. You look at him with bored eyes, and he smiles sheepishly. You roll your eyes and tell Izuki that he can go on ahead. Kise leads you away and takes a seat under a big oak tree, you sit down next to him, sipping on your milkshake. The silence is awkward and tense. The last things you said to each other weren't really nice, and it was quite a while ago.

"So... How have you been?" He asks, breaking the silence.

"Just fine, you?" You don't want to tell him the truth.

"I've been good" Then it becomes silent again.

"Look, I'm sorry for lashing out at you. I didn't mean what I said..." he says, sounding a bit sad.

"Okay," You don't really know what today, you've been so angry and disappointed at him and didn't think the two of you would ever speak to each other after that day.

"That's it?" He asks sounding hurt.

"Kise. You hurt me, and everyone just insists on hurting me. So I rather not get all emotional, I'll be fine. So yeah, that's it. I-I-I have to go now"

"Please, stay y/n, I miss you," He says trying to stop you from leaving.

"I missed you too, but right now, I have to go." He lets you go, and you can see the sadness in his eyes. From afar you can see Imayoshi and Aomine watching you. Still wearing your poker face you walk into the building and head towards Serins-dorms blocking the hallway stands Medusa and her squad. Great just great...

"Care to tell me why YOU spoke with MY Kise-san" She says threateningly.

"Nope ". You see that Imayoshi is listening closely to your conversation.

"Why," She says and her voice is getting louder.

"Cause I don't care, bye" you walk turn around, and take the long way to Serins-dorms. At least you got your milkshake to drink on your way, so that makes you happy.

You make it to Serin and knock on the door, Izuki opens and welcomes you. You see Momoi there sipping on a cocktail beside Tetsuya. Kagami and Hyuga are competing in beer pong and Teppei is happily chatting with Riko. You wave and they turn to you.
"Yeaahh y/n, I didn't know that you would be coming" Momoi embraces you.
"Izuki invited me" you blush. Kagami looks at Izuki with a tint of jealousy in his eyes. Cute. Momoi takes your hand and brings you to the kitchen. She starts putting ingredients into a glass and Rum. She hands you the drink and it reeks of alcohol. You take a sip, and to your surprise, it tasted pretty sweet. The two of you walk back towards the other room. 

"Oi, y/n, join my beer pong team" Kagami says and carefully grabs your wrist. 

"Sure!" The two of you start playing against Hyuga and Izuki. 

"SCOOORE" Kagami yells as he hit their last cup. Your team won. You giggle at Kagami's celebration, and the two of you sit down on the couch with the rest of them. The night goes on and you forget all about your troubles. The clock strikes 3, and you decide to go back to your dorm, Momoi's staying at Tetsuya's, and they offered you to join them, but not today. Kagami follows you to your dorm, and stops before Too's dorms. 

"Sweet dreams y/n" He kisses your forehead and you blush. 

"Sweet dreams Kagami" You say and walk towards your dorm. Outside your room, there's someone sitting. When you get closer you see that it's Aomine. 

"Aho, move" You coldly say and start to unlock your door. 

"Can I please stay here for the night" he whispers. His voice sounds fragile, not full of confidence and it usually has. He looks up at you with his deep blue eyes and you're trapped. Damn it. 

"Fine, come in Ahomine," you say and he stands up and follows you in. You go and wash your makeup off and when you come back he's lying on your bed, beneath your covers shirtless. You sigh and head towards Momoi's bed but suddenly his warm chest is against your back, and he's towering over you, his hot breath tickles you and you can feel yourself getting warm. 

"if it's okay with you... Can I just hold you for tonight", his words are only a whisper, his throat dry and voice weak. You lead him back to your bed and lay down in his arms. He's holding you gently but at the same time tightly. He nustles his face in your neck, and his breathing becomes slow and heavy. He's sleeping. Somehow being like this made you feel warm inside, safe and calm. And in his arms, you drift away to sleep. 

------

This and next week are hopefully my last exam weeks until June! Then I'll be able to update faster agaiiin.