22. Hospital

Kise carries you into the hospital, Doctor Takada comes out and shows you to his office. Doctor Takada is a family friend to Momoi, so she could get you in the right away. He examines your ankle and the pain won't stop, the tears flow from your eyes and you start to feel dizzy again from the pain. He says something but you're way too dizzy. He gives you some medicine and gets some supplies. You're getting a cast.

"She sprained her ankle and needs a week where she can't put any weight on it, the week after she can carefully start putting weight on it, and some careful rehabilitation exercises. He writes on his computer and hand some documents over to Momoi. You sit there in your own world of pain. And Kise can't stop looking at you. It was partly his fault this happened, and he feels guilty. He injured you. Finally, the medicine is starting to work and the pain slowly lessens. You smile weakly and take crutches Doctor Takada gives you. You got all the medication and documents you needed and it's time to go back. YOu didn't realize, but you were there for hours. It's already dark outside and you feel very tired. Kise walks quietly beside you and Momoi too. I let down the team... You start to feel the strangling feeling, creeping up, making it hard to breathe. You get into the car, and focus your whole energy on breathing, or trying to breathe. You get to campus and quickly get out of the car, walking with the crutches, not touching the ground with your injured ankle. You wanted to get away. The darkness surrounds you, you wanted to get away. But the darkness slowly infects your heart. You can see in the corner of your eye, Aomine's team sitting outside the entrance. Imayoshi's raven eyes analyze you and there's something in his expression you quite can figure out. You keep walking in, not checking if you can see Aomine there, you wanted to be alone. You can walk quite smoothly with the crutches which makes you pass them rather quickly.

"y/n" you hear Aomines dark voice calling you, but you keep walking. You take the shortcut to your dorms and feel your breathing getting more and more exhausted. Reaching your door, you get your keys to unlock the door, but your hands are shaking so much, causing you to drop your keys. Damn it...

"Here" Kise bends down and picks up the keys for you. Tiredly you look at him and mumble a thank you. You walk into your room and lose balance, Smoothly Kise catches you and, you look up at him. His eyes are filled with worries and guilt.

" I need to talk to you," he says and closes the door. He helps you sit down in your bed and he takes a deep breath.

"I think it's partly my fault that she pushed you..." You look at him with confused eyes.

"How can it be your fault?"

"She and I have hung out a bit, as you know, but she kept measuring herself with you, and trash-talking you, so I ended things with her, since... I like... Since I see you as my friend. And she got furious". You look at the saddened boy in front of you and you can't feel any anger.

"It's not your fault Medusa is a psycho," you say and lay down in your bed. He chuckles and scratches the back of his neck.

"Do you still hate me?"

"No, and I didn't hate you, you hurt me and I thought we were friends... But you helped me today so, thank you" You say and he nods.

"I'll let you rest"

"Thanks". Kise walks out and closes the door, you quickly drift away to sleep.

"Why were you in there?" A jealous Aomine asks Kise.

"Well I helped her, cause she trusts me"

"Well she trusts me too, move"

"No she whispers to be alone," Kise says blocking your door.

"She wants to see me," He says and his voice is threatening.

"No, you see, I helped her, comforted her. And she ignored you. You see what I mean" Kise smirk and Aomines fist meets Kise's face.

You abruptly awaken and hear raised voices outside, you get up and jump over to the door and open it. Kise lies on the floor with a bloody nose, in front of him is Aomine hovering with rage in his eyes.

"Stop it Aomine! WHAT do you think you're doing to Kise-kun?!" You angrily shout. Aomine looks at you in disbelief.

"HE deserved it"

"No, Kise's been kind all day and helped me, why would you hit him!?" You shout and you see the look in Aomine eyes change.

"Of course you take his side" he coldly says, turns around, and starts walking away. You're furious. YOu put down your injured foot and walk after him, grabbing his shoulder forcing him to turn around. You don't notice your tears streaming down from the pain in your ankle. His expression is shocked but returns to cold after a second.

"What's wrong with you? I don't understand why you would hit-" he interrupts you.

"You don't need to understand"

"What's going on with you? We were... something, and now you're shutting me out I.." Your voice breaks and you look at him with blurry vision.

"Then why was he helping you, where 'we're something' " He coldly says and starts walking away again. You fall to the ground from the pain, and you see Aomine turn around, but before he can come back, Kise is already by your side, helping you up. Aomine turns around and walks away without saying another word.

The days passed and you haven't spoken with Aomine, you wanted to talk with him. You wanted to be with him again, the Aomine you had a date within the park, the Aomine that made you feel safe. You walked with your crutches back to your dorm and turned the corner. You bumped into someone, causing you to fall backward but he caught you. His strong arms snake around your waist and you look into the eyes of Aomine. It's like the world stopped, there's was only the two of you. He picks you up bridal style and takes your crutches. He carried you to your room, unlocks the door, and enters. He places you down in your bed and sits down on the floor beside you. He takes your hand and carefully drags his fingers over the back of your hand, and then you the other side. You look at him with worried and confused eyes.

"I'm sorry," he says and you're shocked. He turns around and he kisses you. You missed his lips, his minty breath, and the smell of his perfume.

"I'm so sorry," he says through the kisses.

"It's okay" You kiss him and you smile weakly. He gets up in your bed and hugs you. You never want him to let go. He nestles his face in your neck and kisses it.