21. Gametime

Today was going to be a tough game. You were going to play against Kaijō High, at the university. And playing in that team is Medusa and her minions. What a pain... You knew they will target you, either blocking so you can't score, or something more violently... You can't help but get a little nervous. You didn't want to lose against them, cause that will make them even more unbearable to be around. You were walking with Anji to the meeting spot with your team when you walk past Akashi and his team. They are all looking at you like a predator is looking at their prey. You can also see Imayoshi from afar looking towards you. Ashiii what's up with people and staring!?!?! You roll your eyes walking past them and Anji starts to smile.
"I feel like I'm walking with a celebrity" she laughed.
"More like a convicted criminal, but I get what you mean" the two of you laugh and see Nino, Sakura, and Mika up ahead. You happily wave and the group meets up.
"Guys, we have to win this game". Mika says and you can see anger in her eyes. Mika tells you about, well the girl you call Medusa, she cheated with Mikas boyfriend.
"We'll crush them," you say and feel the adrenaline start pumping. Your team gathered in the changing room, with Momoi and Coach Taiko.
"Listen up girls, we have a tough opponent, but we are better. And we will win"
"1,2,3, GO" the team shouts and hype up each other.

The team walks out into the court, and the crowd area is full. And the other team is warming up. They see you walking in, and you can see evil smirks on Medusa and her minions' faces. You ignore them and walk over to your bench and put down your water and supplies. You start with some stretches with Anji, Mika, Sakura, and Nino. In the corner of your eye, you can see Medusa with her gang walking over. You're in the middle of doing some shoulder stretches when you hear a cough behind you. You turn around, rolling your eyes.

"It will be fun to see you cry," She says with a smile full of mischief. You just raise your eyebrows and tilt your head to the side. She looks over at Mika and smirk, she pulls down her shirt a little, Showing a hickey on her neck. Her evil eyes meet Mikas and you can see her getting angry. You start laughing and walk away, wrapping your arm around Mika's waist walking away, making her cool down.

"Thanks" she mumbles and smiles weakly. Medusa is staring furiously towards you and you smile innocently back.

"We're going to crush them". You walk back to the team and get ready for battle. You line up and you take a deep breath and get into your game mode. There's only victory. You look over at Anji who looks as ready as you, you wink and she winks back. The ball enters the air and it's showtime.

Sakura wins the ball and begins to dribble, she passes it to you who quickly passes it to Mika who looks over the court with her hawk eyes. She passes towards Anji but Medusa steals the ball, and it's back to defenses. Like a lightning bolt you run back and it's one-on-one. You read her movements and break her attack, take the ball and quickly dribble towards their basket. You pass Mika who transfers the ball to Anji who shoots and scores. You run back to defenses and can feel Medusa's angry eyes, shooting daggers in your back. You fist bump with Mika and get ready for defenses. One of Medusas minions gets the ball and makes a 3-pointer. Damn it. The match continues and your team is only leading with 2 points. You walk towards your team, to get a little rest in the break, and you can feel your ankle starting to feel a little stiff.

You ignore it and keep walking. You can see Momoi looking at you with suspicion. You smile and try to walk as normally as possible. You had to play, you had to crush them. The judge blows the whistle and it's back to the game.
"Be careful" Momoi says and you nod. Your Ankle still feels stiff. The game continues.

After ten minutes of playing, jumping, your ankle starts to hurt really bad. But you keep playing ignoring the burning pain. You're learning with seven points. You keep stealing the ball from Medusa and she looks furious. It's three minutes left and you got the ball, you dribble past their defenses leaving only Medusa and one of her minions there to block. You jump, and Medusa also jump to block it you shoot and the ball gets past Medusa. In anger, before hitting the ground he harshly pushes you, so you land on the side of your foot. A loud crack fills the court and your ankle is screaming in pain. Just touching the ground makes the tears build up in your eyes. You scored a three-pointer but Medusa got her revenge. Anji, Sakura, and Nino run up to you. Mika runs past the smiling Medusa and slaps her across the face.

"Slut" She says and looks her dead in the eyes. Then she also gets over to you. You can see Momoi running towards you and Coach Taiko. The judge gives Medusa a warning, and your team gets two free throws. Your ankle is pounding, and you try your best to keep the tears back.
"Can you walk?" Coach Taiko asks.

"No" you weakly say, feeling the lump in your throat getting bigger. The coach lifts you up bridal style and walks towards the changing room. Before leaving the court you meet Kagami's worried eyes.
"There's still time left on the game, you go back Coach, and I'll take her to the hospital," Momoi says and he nods. Now when it's finally just you and Momoi, your tears stream down your face. The pain is too much. You wipe your tears while she wraps your ankle in cloth. Then she puts an ice blanket around it and helps you up. Getting out of the changing room you meet Kise.
"I have a car let's go," he says and Momoi nods in response. Kise picks you up bridal style and carries you to his car. He carefully places you in the front seat and buckles you up. Touching the floor, send a horrible pain up your leg, and a tear roll down your cheek. He wipes it away with his thumb and looks serious. Momoi gets in the back seat and you're off to go.

-----------------------

I work with sport injuries, so I thought it would be "fun" to add some to my story xD

hope you enjoyed this chapterrrrr