the first date

hey everyone! thank you all so much for all the reads on my first post! this one gets a touch heavy towards the end, but not much. it's 99.99% adorable wholesome fluff. anyway, hope you enjoy.
—————-

Damian wakes up to two wildly different texts, one from Cady and one from Janis.

Cady's is about what he can expect from her; if not a touch more nervous.

Little Slice 🦁: Good morning Damian!! ❤️ I'm sure Janis has already told you but she's taking me on a date today and won't tell me where we're going 😬 do you have time to come over and maybe help me put together something to wear????? 🥺 love you!!

And then there's Janis.

Janjan 👽: dame can u come over today i'm taking caddy out tonight and i'm losing my shit

Oh boy. He'd been absolutely thrilled when they'd finally announced they were dating, but he should've known they would never make it easy on him. He decides to go to Cady's first, Janis will need his support right up until she leaves to go get her.

He texts both of them while he has breakfast and feeds his little french bulldog, Pippa. He learns that Janis is picking Cady up at four to take her to the zoo, so he has a couple hours to kill before he needs to be with either of them. He sends a text to Cady letting her know he'll be over around one, getting a thumbs up and several heart emojis in response.

——-

True to his word, he knocks on the Heron's front door at exactly one, greeting Cady's mom politely before she shoos him up to Cady's room.

She's sitting at her desk, still in her Lion King pajamas, working on what Damian can only assume is calculus. He taps lightly on the doorframe, wincing a little as she jumps practically out of her chair before snapping her head to look at him. Once she sees it's him, though, she smiles brightly and rushes up to hug him, as if she had no idea he was coming.

"Damian! You're here! I totally lost track of time, I was doing math to relax because Janis won't tell me anything about where we're going so I don't know what to wear or how many people are going to be there and I don't know what to expect so I'm nervous but it's also my first date with Janis and I'm so excited and-" She bursts out rapidly. He envies her breath control, sometimes.

"Whoa, little slice. Deep breaths. I'm here to help, she told me what she has planned and it sounds really cute. I think you'll like it," Damian says lowly, massaging her arms to help calm her. "There will probably be a fair number of people around, but I don't think you'll notice them and they will definitely not notice you. And I'm here to help you pick something to wear that'll make Janis combust when she sees you. Okay?"

"Okay. Thanks Damian," she says, resting her chin on his chest and grinning up at him. He gives her another tight squeeze before making his way to her closet.

"Oh, my god. Okay," He whispers to himself once he opens it. It's a violent clashing of various flannels and bright pinks, but he spies a few pieces he can probably work with. "I've never seen a lot of this stuff before! Most of this is really cute," He exclaims, pulling out a yellow sundress that it's definitely still too cold out to wear.

"Oh, yeah. I've been meaning to go through and give stuff to Gretchen and Karen that I know I won't wear. Some of it just isn't me, and some of the fabrics bug me," Cady mutters shyly, as if he'd ever judge her for that.

He would never judge her, but he had not taken it into consideration. "Okay, so what kinds of fabrics or textures irritate you?" He asks, flicking through what she has hanging.

cadnis oneshots so i can get some f*cking sleepजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें