i should've told you (redone)

lol heyyyyyy everybody how's it going

WERE BACK BITCHES HERE WE GO!!! sorry i was away so long!! but as it turns out, writing 50 chapters in about a month and a half is a super good way to give yourself burnout?? who woulda thunk. anyhoo.

in some better news: tomorrow is my one year anniversary!! which is insane!! i've come so far and had so many wonderful experiences here and i can't wait to have more :)) so thank every one of you for reading and interacting with this lil book of mine :D

mmkay into the actual thing woo
tw for:
meltdown/sensory overload
accidental self harm

*also disclaimer: this is based on a personal experience and is solely how it is for ME. if you experience similar things and they're different for you, don't come for me. :) mmkay enjoy!!

—————

Janis loves art. She also loves her girlfriend, Cady, and her best friend, Damian. Any opportunity to bring the three together is a welcome one.

So, when Damian tells her he's got free entry to the local art museum one weekend, Janis readily agrees to accompany him. Cady loves seeing her beloved girlfriend in her element, and begs to tag along. Janis most definitely isn't complaining about seeing one of her favorite things with two of her favorite people.

It has all the makings of the best day ever.

-

"Ooh, what's this one?" Cady asks, tugging Janis' hand along to the next painting. She tenses slightly when Janis presses against her back and explains it to her, her voice dangerously close to her ear.

"You okay, baby?" Janis asks in concern, gently rubbing up and down Cady's arms in an attempt to relieve some tension in her muscles. "You're so quiet. Tense."

"'M okay," Cady nods, her voice a mere mumble. She points to another artwork with a quiet, questioning hum. Janis shrugs off the odd behavior and launches into another explanation, trying not to worry about how tense her girlfriend is against her.

Cady about flinches out of her skin when Damian makes a spectacular return after a fruitless quest to find them somewhere to eat. "What's up, fuckers?! I'm back. Without food. Y'all wanna get McDonald's?"

"Jesus Christ, Dame," Janis yelps, jumping along with her girlfriend. "Could've used a warning."

"I don't do warnings. You just have to be prepared to be subjected to my brilliance at any time."

"You scared Caddy," Janis defends, squeezing her girlfriend as Cady turns around and hides against her neck. Cady gives a quiet sigh against her, which sets Janis' protective girlfriend alarm off again. What is going on with her?

Damian does actually look a bit sheepish about that, seeming to notice something is off with his friend. "Sorry Cads. I'll buy you some nuggets."

Cady finally laughs at that and blindly reaches to poke his belly. "You better. Let's go."

—-

Cady tries to use the car ride to calm down. She hadn't realized until it was too late, but the museum turned out to be more than she could handle, and she'd overstimulated herself.

Luckily, all she has to do is make it through the drive through, and then she can spend a nice quiet evening with some delicious garbage and two of her favorite people.

She jolts and looks around frantically when they come to a stop. Janis is already outside and opens Cady's door for her, as always.

"You coming, Peanut?" she asks. Cady looks at her, seemingly in shock. She hasn't even unbuckled her seatbelt yet.