the intervention

hey y'all, happy wednesday! this is another request fill for Aubrey_Plaza_Stole_HappiestSeason on Ao3. this chapter is 100% pure shenanigans. it did turn out more... horny than i originally planned, so if you're not into a whole lot of implied smut maybe skip this one.
also, please see the notes at the end to vote on the reward for 1K reads if you're interested!
enjoy!
————-

"Caddy?" Janis asks as Cady clambers into her lap so they can watch a movie.

"Hmm?" Cady hums in reply.

"Have you noticed anything weird? With everyone?"

"Now that you mention it, yeah. Nobody wants to hang out with us anymore," Cady says sadly. "Do you think we offended them?"

Janis doesn't see how they could possibly have offended every single one of their friends in one go, all of their friends are so different. "I don't think so, everyone would be offended by different stuff. But they all stopped talking to us at the same time."

"Then what did we do?" Cady asks. She looks so upset.

"I don't think we did anything, that's why I'm confused," Janis says. "It'll be okay, Butterfly, don't worry. We'll figure it out."

"Okay," Cady says. "What if you ask Dame and I ask the Plastics to come over tomorrow? We can see what they say?"

"Sure," Janis replies, pulling out her phone.

danis: hey do u wanna hang out with me and caddy tomorrow?

Cady pulls out her phone and sends a text to the former Plastics' group chat.

calculust: Hey! Do you guys want to hang out with Janis and I tomorrow? Do something fun?

Now to wait.

They start their movie and get about a quarter of the way through before their phones ping at almost exactly the same time. They show almost identical messages, too. Janis' reads,

jamian: Can I bring the plastics?

And Cady's says,

mynameisntreginaldyoufucks: Can we bring Damian?

Janis and Cady look to each other in confusion, but each text back an affirmative. They all decide to meet at Cady's house the next afternoon.

—————

"Hel-oh. Why are you guys dressed like someone died?" Cady asks as she opens the door to let everyone else in. Janis had arrived early so they could have a little bit of time alone together. She's surprised to see all her friends dressed like they're on their way to a funeral.

"All will become clear in a short moment, Little Slice," Damian replies ominously as he heads into the living room. The Plastics follow after him, and Cady notices they're all holding pieces of paper, except for Gretchen. What the fuck is going on?

All four of them sit next to one another on the couch, leaving Cady no choice but to squish into an armchair with Janis opposite them.

"What the fuck is going on?" Janis asks, echoing Cady's internal monologue. Cady grins at her and leans in for a kiss.

"I was just gonna say that," she mumbles happily against her, forgetting they're not alone.

"Ahem." Damian coughs dramatically to get their attention. "Ladies. I'm sure you're wondering why we're here today."

"Yeah, actu-" Janis tries to say.

"Bitch, let me finish! You're ruining it," Damian whines before getting back into character. "This is an intervention."