it takes a village II

HELLO!! HAPPY WEDNESDAY!!!!!! i hope it is a good one!!

i don't ??? think??? i need any trigger warnings for this chapter??? it's pretty wholesome for once lol. but as always if you catch something please let me know!!

enjoy! (also pls read the note at the end it's important)

—-

"Hey, Dame!" Cady says as she opens the door, hugging Damian tightly. "Thank you for doing this, we really appreciate it."

"Of course! You guys deserve a night on the town again," Damian replies as he enters their house. He peeks around Cady to find a little being behind her, sitting and smiling at him with her handful of teeth. "You have a shadow, by the way."

Cady turns around to find Layla waiting for her. She laughs and goes to pick her up. "Layla is the runner, try to keep an eye on her."

"Okay," Damian says anxiously. "God, they're getting so big, it's crazy."

"I know, they're ten months next week," Cady says as she carries her baby down the hall. "Alright, um... hm, things you need to know..."

"I don't know, did Janis tell you I've never done this before?" Damian replies. "Wait, where's Leo?"

Cady points to a bouncy chair hanging from a metal bar, with a slightly smaller little one jumping happily. Her little feet barely touch the ground. Luckily, her onesie is a different color so he can tell the twins apart. Layla's is red and Leo's is pink, and they're in matching soft jeans.

"Yes, Janis is very concerned about tonight," Cady chuckles. "She's a little overprotective, but she trusts you. And I know you'll be fine."

"I hope so. I don't want to hurt them," Damian says anxiously. Leo suddenly notices him, giving an excited shriek and waving her little hands around. "Hi! Oh my god, you're so precious."

"You won't hurt them, D. They're durable. You can go get her if you want, she's trying to say hi," Cady giggles. "Leo loves to be held, she'll just hang out with you and do whatever. Layla likes to move more, she crawls everywhere now. And she tries to pull herself up on stuff, sometimes she gets stuck, so just help her down and give her a toy and she'll be fine."

"Okay," Damian chuckles. "Little monkey."

"Um, hm... they eat solids pretty well now, and they haven't eaten yet. They have special spoons in the drawer here and their food is in this cabinet," Cady hums, trying to think of anything he could need to know. "If you're comfortable giving them a bath we usually do them in the kitchen sink, just stick one baby in each side and watch them closely so they don't fall."

"Sounds like a plan," Damian says.

"Their room is pretty easy to navigate. Diapers and pajamas in the drawers, books on the shelves, toys in the bins," Cady continues. "We try to have them asleep by eight or so, but they'll be fine with bed at a different time. Oh, and they're teething, too, sorry about that. If they cry and you can't figure it out it's probably that, they have teether toys in the fridge that'll make them feel better."

"Poor babies, that must hurt," Damian pouts, but smiles as Leo pats his cheeks with her little hands. "Oh, but aren't you two the sweetest little things, hm?"

"I made their bottles ahead of time, all you'll have to do is heat them up for a while under some hot water and give them to them whenever you put them to bed," Cady says, bouncing Layla as she starts fussing. "That should be it, I think, but you can call if something comes up. We're not going anywhere special."

"Sounds good," Damian says. Janis comes down the stairs then, prompting a 'Mee!' from Leo as she reaches for her.

"Hey, D," Janis greets as she comes to take her baby. "Hi, baby bee! You're trying to talk, huh?"