in her pride

happy wednesday friends!!! i am fired up on adrenaline today because i accidentally deleted this whole thing and only just got it back so let's go!! this is a request fill for jusanotherconfusedfangirl on tumblr, who requested our art freaks (+elijah) attending pride!! happy pride month btw :D
trigger warnings for:
homophobia
one use of d-slur
panic attacks
i think that's everything, but as always please let me know if i missed anything and i will add them in.
enjoy!
-

"Hey, Peanut," Janis greets as Cady leaps into her arms. "You look cute!"

"Thanks!" Cady chirps happily. She does look rather adorable in her shorts and tank top combo, complete with bi flag suspenders and a matching headband. She also found bi flag socks and stole a pair of Janis' boots. Cady pulls back to see Janis' outfit too. "Wow. You look... really good."

"Why thank you," Janis purrs. She's in her usual shorts and tights, but this time has a lesbian flag t-shirt and matching socks poking out from her own boots. She does a spin to show off her outfit, revealing that one the pockets of her shorts has also been painted with the many orange and pink stripes of her flag, and her infamous 'female power' painting done in miniature on the other. "Come on."

Cady follows her into the house and up to her room. Julie waves as they pass her open door. She's got on a rainbow shirt in solidarity, but wouldn't be joining them on their little excursion.

"Do you want your flag painted on your face?" Janis asks, pointing to her own cheek decorated with yet another lesbian flag. Cady nods excitedly, so Janis gestures for her to sit across from her on the bed and grabs her paints and a brush.

"What's it going to be like?" Cady asks as Janis tenderly brushes a thick stripe of blue onto her cheek.

"Loud," Janis replies immediately. "In a lot of ways. There's gonna be a lot of bright colors, obviously, and a lot of noise. And probably a few weird smells."

"Okay," Cady chuckles gently so she doesn't mess Janis up.

"It's a lot of fun, though. You'll get to see and meet all sorts of people who've been through and experienced all sorts of things," Janis says. "You'll love it."

"I'm so excited," Cady says happily as Janis finishes brushing magenta on top of her purple stripe. "When did you start going?"

"Ninth grade," Janis says quietly. "Damian and I went with our moms."

"Aww," Cady coos. "You sound sad."

"I'm... I don't know," Janis says. "It was a great thing overall that year, but I had an... ordeal, let's say, with a group of protestors there. I'm still not sure how I feel about that Pride as a whole."

"Oh," Cady frowns. "Do you want to talk about it?"

"Not right now," Janis says. "It's your first pride, let's just focus on that for today. I'll tell you some other time."

"Okay," Cady says. "You look good in warm colors, you should wear them more often."

"You think?" Janis chuckles, putting her hands on her hips and striking a pose. "Haven't worn this much pink since I was a Plastic."

"Love, you wore that pink shirt so many times during our junior year," Cady says. "And last year, too."

"What pink shirt?" Janis asks in confusion. "I don't have any pink clothes."

Cady heads over to her closet and pulls out the two-toned pink striped shirt, a dress with pink flowers, and a pink sweater.

"Then what color are these?" She asks, holding them up to show off.