the blood of angry (wo)men

hey hey darling readers!! welcome back!! for a little bit anyway.
this chapter was requested by @aspenchokey who asked for a chapter of leo and layla being with damian and one getting her period. they're about 13 in this as requested.
but!! importantly, i get to introduce some new oc's in the form of aaron and damian's children. basic background information, they're a biological sibling group of 3 kids. ivie is the oldest, was 13 when they were adopted and is 18 in this chapter, but she's just mentioned and not really present. ellis is the middle, he is 15 and was 10 when they were adopted. and then milly (short for amelie) is the baby, she is 8 in this and was 3 when they were adopted.
tw for
periods/menstruation
wow only one look at me go. if i missed any please let me know and i will add them in :) enjoy!! (also please excuse the title i couldn't come up with anything better.)
————-

"Girls!" Cady calls from the kitchen. Her twins both come barreling down the stairs to find her.

"Yeah, Mama?" Layla asks, panting slightly.

"Uncle D is going to watch you tonight, your mom and I have a-" Cady replies.

"Date night, we know, Mama. It's Saturday," Leo finishes. Cady chuckles.

"We are pretty predictable, aren't we?" She hums. "We'll drop you off around five and be back to get you by eleven."

"Ooh, late night," Layla teases. Cady rolls her eyes.

"You know what we get up to," she huffs. "Your boring old mothers."

"Mom told us about the time she stole a sheep when you were in high school," Leo pipes up. "What happened to that?"

"We happened," Cady laughs. "She grew up and settled down."

Janis comes in then, paintbrush behind her ear and carrying a mug. "Hey, gang. What are we talking about?"

"You," Layla teases. "And how you're old and boring now."

"Ah," Janis says with a knowing nod. She takes a drink of whatever's in her mug. "Oh, that's the paint water, what-ugh!"

"Jay," Cady huffs around a laugh. "Maybe you haven't settled down. Why do you never look at things before you drink them?"

"I like to live on the edge," Janis responds, wiping her tongue off on a paper towel.

"We're in our forties now, you should probably step back from that edge," Cady giggles as she hands her some juice to rinse the taste from her mouth. "Goofy."

Janis thankfully takes the offered beverage and chugs it, then wraps her wife in a hug. "Thank you."

"Of course, my love," Cady chuckles, turning around and pulling her wife in for a kiss. The twins both exclaim in disgust and run back upstairs. "You still taste like paint, go brush your teeth."

"Okay," Janis pouts.

————-

"Layla! Leo!" The twins' cousin, Milly, yells as she runs to greet them.

"Let them breathe, Mills," Damian chides gently as his nieces are squished in a tight hug by his youngest child. Milly moves onto her aunties, so Damian takes his turn to tackle the twins.

"Hey, Uncle D," Leo says, sounding a little choked as she's wrapped in a tight hug. It's what they've come to expect after thirteen years of knowing him. Janis eventually pries him off her daughters for her turn, and Cady joins in.

Layla and Leo head into the living room as Milly drags them along. Aaron is there playing a video game with his son, Ellis.

"Ellie!" Layla yells teasingly, running to tackle her cousin. Ellis has roughly four seconds to scramble to put his controller down and get into a safe position before she lands on him with a dull thud.