love by the light of the moon

hello muppets!! i hope you are having a lovely day/evening/morning/night/afternoon/whatever!! that should cover it.

welcome to the spooooooky chapter!! this was very strongly inspired by the "Fangs" comic series by Sarah Anderson, so full credit to her for the idea. i just tweaked it to be cadnis and added a few little things. big thank you to my tummies (tumblr folks) for helping me figure this out (y'all know who you are) :)

there's not much in the way of cohesive plot to this one since i sort of went with the style of the comic, so it's more just cute little scenes i've frankenstein'ed together.

i made the mood board above!! i am aware it's shit but it's my first one and i quite like it. thank you etchedstars for giving me some pointers!!

now into the trigger warnings, there's... several. here we go. *cracks knuckles*
-vampire things (blood, death, etc)
-werewolf things (broken bones, mild gore, etc)
-mentioned sexual assault
-physical assault
-attempted kidnapping
i think that's it?? but please let me know if i've missed something, it's entirely possible

please enjoy!

————-

Janis likes to walk.

Specifically, to go on walks. Through the park, to a place, on a beach. But always at night.

It may not be the safest hobby, but it's among the only ones she can have. Janis can't go out during the day or she risks being roasted like a chicken.

Because Janis is a vampire.

—-

Cady likes to walk. Specifically, to go on walks. Anywhere she can. And especially at night.

Cady finds the nights to be freeing. No responsibilities, no worries, no concerns. And fewer people around to look at her strangely.

Because Cady is a werewolf.

—-

They meet in the park one night. Cady has just moved to Chicago from Champaign after getting her PhD. She decides to go to the park for her nightly walk to check out the surroundings and any available walking paths.

Cady is distracted looking up towards the crescent moon. She has a complicated relationship with the moon, but she's always admired space.

She's violently brought back to reality when she crashes into someone and knocks them to the ground. "I'm so sorry! Are you okay? I'm sorry, I didn't mean to-"

"It's quite alright," the woman she's knocked over responds with a laugh as she stands up and gently dusts herself off. She's frighteningly beautiful, with pale skin and dark hair and eyes. She's dressed rather oddly, almost Victorian in style, but Cady decides she's into it. "Distracted?"

"Uhm... yeah," Cady says sheepishly. "I just moved here, I'm checking out all the walking places around. But the moon is nice tonight."

"Well, I've been here a while, I could show you the best walking spots, if you like," the woman replies. "I'm Janis."

"Cady."

"Nice name," Janis says, starting off back down the path. "So where are you from, Cady?"

"Uh, well... I moved here from Champaign, I just got my PhD. But I grew up in Kenya," Cady replies.

"Kenya?"

"My parents are zoologists, we were studying lions and other wildlife there," Cady explains. "We ran out of funding when I was in high school and moved here. Well, to Evanston, technically. But hereabouts."