5

Jaylee's POV

I stood by the door with anxious thoughts clouding my mind despite the multiple minutes that were ticking by. I played with my fingertips in hopes to distract my distress but I couldn't get myself to stop fiddling. My heart was racing as I glanced at the wooden white door, only now noticing the multiple splinters that were sticking out.

I couldn't get my heart to stop racing in an uncomfortable rhythm as I twiddled with my thumbs and index fingers, praying something good was going to come out of this. I didn't want anything to happen to my family or the guys. They all meant the most to me and I didn't know what I would do if I lost either of them. I just really hoped they were all going to be okay.

I couldn't stop wondering if everything had gone correctly or if it all went to shambles. I hated not being able to do anything about it. I hated just standing here, only wishing things would turn out alright. Why couldn't they take me with them? Why did I have to stay? They were my family weren't they? I should of gone and risked my life for my parents. Not them.

This was all so frustrating yet so distressing at the same time. I just wanted everyone to be right in front of me so that I know they're safe. I was filled with many questions. As to how they even got a lead on my parents. How they got a lead on this mysterious gang. And why they so badly wanted me to stay. It was for the right reasons no doubt, but the reasons weren't good enough.

I sighed as I slouched my tense shoulders before I made my way towards the couch, plopping myself down and surrounding my mind with even more anxious thoughts. I began picking at my nails, scratching the palms of my hands in hopes to distract myself from wanting to scream. I hated being here all alone. I hated not doing a single thing. I hated waiting. Because I didn't know what could possibly come next.

4 hours later-

The door finally swung open, causing my body to immediately jolt off the couch and race towards the entrance. My heart was beating rapidly against my chest as I saw the guys enter inside the house with their heads hung low.

I stared at all of them intensely as they marched into the house slowly one by one, careful not to trip over each other.

"Where are my parents? Did you find anything?" I didn't hesitate to ask as I looked at Zayn, then Louis who both refused to look at me.

Liam sighed softly before he closed the door and shoved his hands in his jeans, slowly looking up at me as I watched.

"Jaylee... why don't we sit down for a moment." Liam said as I narrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"Why? Why do I need to sit down? Why can't you just give me a quick answer. It's a yes or no question." I spoke with slight bitterness as my patience was wearing thin.

All of them glanced at each other before Zayn approached me and grabbed my tense arms, causing me to blink up at him. "Jaylee... I think you should sit down for this." Zayn sounded sympathetic as he stared deeply into my eyes, causing my heart to stop for a split second.

I then decided to listen, knowing I couldn't take the suspense anymore as I turned around and walked towards the couch. As soon as I sat down everyone else crowded around and took a seat as well, each of them looking defeated.

I studied all of their faces intensely before I saw Zayn kneel down in front of me, slowly grabbing my hands in his. "What's going on?" I asked before Zayn sighed while he looked down for a moment.

"Jaylee.... I don't know how you're going to take this." Zayn said softly before my heart began racing all over again.

"What? Just tell me." I pleaded as I tried to search for answers in his eyes.