40

Jaylee's POV

When I was younger, grocery shopping was my favorite thing to do with my parents. I use to look down all the aisles which much excitement, hoping my favorite items where there as well as wondering if any new things arrived. I even loved going when I got older, it somehow gave me a sense of comfort and control, knowing I could buy whatever I wanted.

I loved taking care of myself, especially when I was fully capable of it. Under different circumstances this would of been one of my favorite activities of the day.

But now that I'm walking into the grocery store with zero confidence, this was the last thing I ever wanted to do.

It didn't seem too hard of a task once Louis explained it to me, but now that I'm here.... I never hated a test so much in my life.

This place was filled with people, people that in no way could ever help me. A place full of local citizens going on about their day to feed their stomachs and take care of their health.

There's so many people who could help me, who could take me home. And Louis was right about the exits... there's so many ways I could leave this place.

I knew I wasn't going to do anything to mess up my only chance of freeing my parents, but the thought of actually being able to escape was killing me.

It could go two ways;
Either I escape and find my parents on my own and we both can get as far away from these people as possible.
Or I back down and just set my parents free, leaving my entire self to be stuck with the Dark Riots.

The second option left me shattered, knowing there was a possibility that I would never see my family again, or anyone that I love for that matter. And I would spend the rest of my life being miserable, under the torturous hands of Louis Tomlinson.

It really pained me to contemplate on this whole situation, and it was awfully draining just to think about. But I knew what I had to do.

A part of me was beginning to believe that Louis was bluffing. That he was finding a way to get me to obey him while giving me false hope that he would free my parents. I mean it would be smart. My parents are the perfect leverage. He could abuse his power and dangle them over my head all he wants in order to get me to slave for him.

But I really hope that wasn't the case. Because if it was, I would completely lose my mind, more than I already have. And I probably wouldn't stop myself from attacking Louis. I would do everything in my power to save my parents.

A sigh escaped my lips as I pulled the trunk open to the car and began loading the groceries in the back, not even caring to look up at Louis who was waiting for me. After I was done I closed the door and walked away with the cart, putting it back where it belonged.

I crossed the street once more and made my way towards Louis' car, trying to soak up as much of the fresh air I can get before I'm trapped again. Honestly the only good thing about this trip was the fact that I could be alone in my own thoughts without either of the guys in the building. I don't think I've been this far away from them in so long.

I opened the passenger door before hopping in, exhaling deeply as Louis leaned against the seat and looked at me.

"Only twelve minutes. I'm impressed." Louis commented as I forced myself not to roll my eyes.

"Yeah there was no line so." I replied before I grabbed the seatbelt and pulled it over me.

"Did you enjoy it?" He asked as I looked up at him.

Are you kidding me? It was the worst thing I ever had to do. I had to pretend everything was fine while having a complete battle in my mind. It was horrible.