39

Jaylee's POV

"Get dressed, we're going out." Louis suddenly interrupted my conversation with Zayn as we sat by the dinner table.

I glanced up at Louis who was now towering over me, not paying any attention to Zayn whatsoever.

"What?" I asked as I had a spoonful of food hiding in the corner of my mouth.

"I want you to wear appropriate attire and get ready to go into town with me." Louis informed as I chewed on my breakfast before swallowing it.

I glanced over at Zayn in hopes to find answers in his eyes, but he showed none as he too looked confused.

"Into town?" I asked slowly, completely unsure of his words.

"Yes, we're running low on food and I want you to join me." Louis commented as my heart suddenly began to race.

"You want me to go out... with just you? I thought you didn't trust me-"

"And I thought you, were going to prove your loyalty to me." Louis interrupted boldly, suddenly grabbing my attention.

I closed my mouth as I looked up at him, realizing he was right. So this is the test I'm getting? Great.

"What are you talking about?" Zayn asked as he looked at his friend.

"None of your concern. I'm going to take Jaylee into town. We'll be back in about an hour or so." Louis spoke sternly as he walked away.

"Okay then I'll go with you." Zayn said as he stood up.

"No. You can't come. Jaylee and I have some unfinished business we gotta do." Louis rejected as Zayn narrowed his eyebrows.

"The hell does that mean? I don't trust you being alone with her. God knows you'll harm her. And no one is going to be there to stop you." Zayn defended madly.

"I'm not going to hurt her. That's not my purpose for being alone with her. I'm just taking her grocery shopping. It's going to be her job once she earns our trust." Louis replied as he grabbed the car keys.

"Oh bullsh*t, you probably just want to get her all to yourself so that you can-"

"Zayn... it's okay. I don't mind going." I interrupted as I placed my hand over his arm.

He paused as he quickly looked down at me, looking more confused than before as he tried to figure this out.

"It'll be fine. We'll be back in no time. I won't start anything..... I promise." I spoke comfortingly as I rubbed his arm with my thumb.

As soon as I glanced over at Louis, I caught him staring at our encounter while clenching onto the pair of keys.

"I'll be in the car, don't keep me waiting." Louis said as he opened the door and exited out of the house.

"I don't like you going alone with him.... He's dangerous." Zayn said with worry laced in his voice as he turned to me.

"Zayn... I'll be okay, trust me. Nothing will happen unless I tick him off. Which I won't. I'll be on my best behavior." I assured him as I held onto both his arms.

"But you've been and he still harasses you." Zayn sighed as he looked deep into my eyes.

"I can handle myself with him. I'll be okay." I smiled softly before I reached up and caressed his cheek.

His skin began to heat up against my hand as I looked into his gorgeous mesmerizing eyes. I really loved how much Zayn cared for me, he is such a sweetheart. I don't know what I would do without him honestly.