48

Zayn's POV

"How is she?" I asked as I saw Louis walking in the room with a calculated look on his face.

"She's sleeping." Louis replied as he approached the fridge and grabbed a beer.

"Still?" I questioned, not believing anything Louis was saying right now.

She had been asleep for an entire day. How is she still knocked out?

"Yep." Louis spoke dryly as he popped off the cap and took a swig of the alcohol.

"You realized you caused this right? You're the reason she can't even wake up." I said seriously as I looked over at him with a clenched jaw.

"She's literally fine! She's breathing." Louis commented without a care as he swung his beer around.

"So what? Is this your normal routine now? Abuse Jaylee almost to the point of death and then drink yourself till you're uncontrollable?" I stated as I sat on the bar stool and rested my elbows against the counter.

"I didn't abuse her." Louis chuckled madly as he looked over at me.

"So what would you like to call it then?" I asked as I narrowed my eyes.

"You're way too protective over her." Louis brushed off before he started drinking again.

"That's because I actually give a damn about her. You just pretend you do. And none of us seem to know why." I responded sternly as he rolled his eyes.

"You're a mess Louis. What the hell has gotten into you? We had the perfect relationship with Jaylee and it's all thanks to you that it's completely ruined." I commented as he licked his lips and acted like he didn't care.

"Oh it's not ruined for you lover boy- because the first person Jaylee wanted to see and talk to was you. So congratu-f***ing-lations Prince Charming." Louis spoke in pure envy as his poisonous eyes met mine.

"What are you talking about?" I narrowed my eyebrows as the other guys peered over at Louis.

"Every time something goes wrong, Jaylee always asks for you to come to her rescue. When she should really be handling the situation by herself like how I had trained her." Louis started to speak nonsense as he acted drunk.

"That's probably because she trusts me." I responded calmly as I crossed my arms against the counter.

"Mmm must be nice isn't it?" Louis made a face as he looked over at me.

"Louis what has gotten into you lately? You've been a mess. Why do you keep loosing yourself every time Jaylee does something you don't like?" Liam stepped in as he glanced at his friend.

"I'm not losing myself." Louis chuckled as he peered at him.

"You haven't been the best leader lately, I've had to take control of the group because you keep on slacking. You act like you're not even here. You're so focused on Jaylee that you're forgetting about the rest of us." Liam stated as the room grew quiet.

"Someone has to keep an eye on her." Louis replied as most of us exchanged glances.

"Louis Jaylee isn't a pet. She can take care of herself. We only had to be on her back 24/7 when she was misbehaving and trying to escape. But now that she understands her new life, she doesn't need to be watched all the time." Liam said as Louis narrowed his eyes.

"She just tried to escape. And you think she can be off the hook?" Louis asked in disbelief as he pointed at the door.

"Jaylee is an adult- someone who knows how our lifestyle goes. She doesn't need to be treated the way she is anymore." Liam defended as Louis chuckled madly.