31

Jaylee's POV

"I don't understand why I have to go." I spoke aloud as I watched Liam and Louis pack their bags full of various weapons.

"Because you're part of the team Jaylee, and being part of the team means going on business trips with us." Louis answered seriously, distracting himself with a brand new gun in his hand.

"But I don't want to do dirty work with you." I rejected as I stood near them and watched.

Louis sighed as he paused, standing up straight before he stormed over towards me with the gun in his hand, causing my body to tense up as he hovered over me.

"You never want to do anything with us. Well too bad sweetheart, cuz you're coming with us whether you like it or not!" Louis hissed as I looked down at his gun in fear, wondering if he would go out of control with it.

"I'm not going to kill anyone for some sick rivalry." I stood my ground as I looked at him firmly in the eyes, trying to act strong.

"I wasn't gonna ask you to. You're just there to guard." Louis shook his head as I swallowed.

"I'm not gonna sit and just watch you kill people!" I raised my voice as he clenched his jaw.

"Shut up Jaylee!" Louis shouted as he grabbed my hair and yanked me towards him.

I began to panic as he pressed the gun to my cheek, suddenly grabbing everyone's attention as my breathing rapidly increased.

"These aren't good people. They're wicked monsters that the government wants us to take care of. And whatever the government wants, we do. Okay? We work for him now so we do what he says. And right now, he wants us to fix up some unfinished business. So stop being a little whiny ass and suck it up. You're in on this too." Louis snapped as I clenched my jaw and angrily looked at him.

"I am no part of your violent acts. And I will not be a part of this mission. If you want me near you so that you have clarity in your mind that I haven't escaped, that's fine. But I won't stand there and watch you do it." I spoke out in anger as I shoved him off me and stared deep into his eyes.

"I should of known. You're still the same whimp I picked up a few months ago." Louis insulted as I swallowed tightly.

"I'm not a whimp, I just have a heart. But I guess you wouldn't know what that's like huh?" I spoke in defense as he clenched his jaw tightly.

"Louis let it go." Liam warned as Louis tried taking a step towards me.

"She's just trying to get in your head. We need to get going." Liam reminded as Louis bore his eyes into mine.

"Finish getting dressed and have your ass in the car in five." Louis ordered before he turned around and went back to packing.

I huffed in annoyance before I stormed into my room, hating how Louis so easily controlled everything. I swear lately he's been the biggest asshole and I can't seem to figure out how to switch it off.

I started throwing my clothes in a piled mess as I groaned in frustration. Louis had a way of screwing with my emotions and right now I couldn't seem to concentrate on one thing. I was overly stressed at this point, and the last thing I needed was to wear an outfit that fits their standards. Why can't I just be in pjs all day?

After I slipped on black jeans with a tight black halter top, I stormed out of my room in black high combat boots, ignoring all the stares that came my way.

I left the house through the wide open door, already knowing Louis wanted me to be waiting in the car. After I climbed in and started to look out the window, I began clenching my jaw as the desire to cry started to form in my mind. I hated showing weakness but I knew that I was only human and sometimes we really do need to just sit and cry after a bunch of crap happens in our life. But I've already shed enough tears, I figured I've save myself the energy.