33

Jaylee's POV

A sigh escaped my lips as I turned off the knob that allowed hot water to pour onto my entire body, stepping out of the shower slowly. A shiver went down my spine as my feet touched the cold tile, feeling strange by the sudden change of temperature. My body trembled from the temporary coldness as I made my way towards the sink and grabbed a towel from the counter.

I wrapped the towel quickly around my body before patting it down against the small droplets on my skin, drying myself off completely. As soon as the horrid thoughts began crawling in the back of my head I swiftly grabbed my clothes and slid them on, wasting no more time in the bathroom.

I tried shaking the images out of my head but I knew there was no way that I possibly could, I was permanently scared for life. Not even a boiling shower could take away what I went through. It couldn't erase the past nor fix it.

My hands started to tremble again as I felt a sudden urge to have another mental breakdown, but I tried to distract myself by violently brushing my hair.

Tears swelled up in my eyes as I pictured the young boy hiding behind me, knowing his only hope of making it out alive was through me, and yet I failed him. I couldn't even save him. I was as close as you can get to saving that poor boy and I couldn't do it.

I never hated myself so much for not doing all I possibly could to stop Louis. I should of fallen on my knees and offered Louis anything he would of wanted in exchange for sparing the boy's life. I would of done anything just to save him. And yet I couldn't.

My anger for Louis just never seems to stop does it? It only seems to worsen. I couldn't forgive Louis for the monstrous thing he had done, even seeing him makes me want to scream. The boy didn't deserve that, and Louis knew it too. Why couldn't he just have spared one life?

I threw my brush on the counter as my chest felt heavy, feeling anxious and distraught all around. My hands grabbed my hair in frustration as I slowly started to hyperventilate, hopelessly trying to block everything out to get some peace and quiet.

You're gonna be okay Jaylee. It's gonna be okay.

I started to do breathing exercises as I looked at myself in the reflection, knowing I needed to be strong in order to save my family and get the hell out of here. Louis was on a next level of insane, and I don't want to be here when he gets worse.

If all Louis cares about is that gosh darn title and his money, he will become even more wicked than he already is. And I'm not gonna be here to deal with it.

I sighed as my heart rate slowed down, finally getting a sense of control before I wiped away my tears and prepared myself to go back to my room.

I made my way towards the door after putting my things away neatly, making sure I looked modest enough as well in order to not grab anyones' attention for the night. I just wanted to go to my room and sleep. That's all I ask.

As soon as I opened the door, my entire body froze, feeling both terrified and anxious as I made eye contact with the last person I wanted to see.

"What are you doing here Louis?" I asked strongly, refusing to sound vulnerable. 

"I was waiting for you." He slurred as he stumbled on his own two feet.

Oh my god.

"Louis you're drunk." I stated as I looked at him with annoyance.

"No I'm not, I only had a few drinks." He waved his hand as I looked at his miserable state.

"Okay well I'm going to bed so-" I tried making my way past him but he quickly placed his hand against the door frame, preventing me from doing so.